“What a surprise!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Came with the family after seeing them on the show and we were very happy. I got the broiled crabcakes and they were amazing. Could be top 3 I've ever had. Huge lumps of crabmeat and a great taste. The wife got the sour beef and dumplings which she loved and said it reminded her of her grandmothers. I think it definitely deserves 5 stars for a Diner!

1  Thank 257Richie

Reviewed June 3, 2013

4 of us stopped in due to the ratings from the DDD TV show reviews. However, we did not want to eat the foods rated on the show. We chose a bit more healthy, however very little healthy to choose from. We all chose a NY sirloin (small), baked potato (plain) and a side salad and vegetable. Not one of us finished the sirloin (loaded with fat and undercooked.) The manager's explanation, "That's the way our steaks come!" The salad was minimal, and okay, the baked potato was good, but the green beans cold. The roles were hard as a rock (no one ate any!) I must say though, that the dessert was excellent. Too bad we had to order dessert (we really didn't want to!) But something had to fix this awful meal for the price we paid.

So, unless you choose the food from the TV review list or just want a treat, don't eat here!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The fish in the fish and chips basket was flaky cod, however, it was greasy beyond expectations. I had to get extra napkins just to squeeze the oil out. The reading was very dark because it fried so long. The fish, however, did taste good without the reading.
My husband's evening breakfast of pancakes, very thick scrapped and eggs was great. The server even.told him he could get an all inclusive deal with 2 pancakes instead of three and.it saved a couple bucks.
It is a very nice place!

2  Thank LuAnn M
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We saw this diner featured on Diners,Driveins and Dives so we decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad we did. One of the featured meals on the show was the sour beef and dumpling so we both ordered this. The serving size was a good portion and it was very good. This brought back memories of the sour beef and dumpling my grandmother used to make years ago. If you are a fan of sour beef and dumplings make sure you give this a try.

3  Thank len b
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Visited twice in 2 days, once for lunch and once for dinner. Ordered the gyro for lunch. Very tasty, served with the sauce on the side as I ordered. Delicious. Good portions of fries and Greek salad. Dinners ordered were a salad with scallops, shrimp and spinach-large scallops and shrimp cooked just right. Shrimp Creole was delicious and generous portion. Phat Elvis (meatloaf and pot roast on top of mashed potatoes with onions, mushrooms and sauce) was huge and delicious. Service both times was excellent.

3  Thank rubyCroghan

Been to Boulevard Diner? Share your experiences!