“Good brew pub”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dowell
Cuisines: American, Argentinean, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Ruddy Duck is a vibrant space that pairs artisan crafted food and beer delivered with passion
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My family went here as an after-Christmas lunch get-together and everyone enjoyed it--even my 90-year old mom. The list of specialized brews is amazing--I really enjoy how beer can be so layered and nuanced, with flavors of fruit and even chocolate. The lunch entrees were quite good, especially the crab cake sandwich and the duck pizza. The dining room is large and can get noisy when there is a crowd, but this day it was quite enjoyable. Our server (I can't remember her name) was outstanding, very attentive, patient and responsive, and knew a lot about the brews and the food. Definitely a place we will go revisit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This place has the best pizza in the area, and they brew some really nice beers! This location is lacking in views compared to their Piney Point restaurant, but they make up for it with a wider beer selection and their awesome pizza! In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either location.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a week vacation in Southern MD and my cousin suggested the Ruddy Duck and specifically, the goat cheese-caramelized onion-mushroom pizza.

Hubby went for the recommended goat-cheese pizza and it was indeed delicious! When we eat out, I like to order food that I won't make at home, so I was hesitant to go for the glazed pork chop. But I was really hungry, and with sides of garlic mashed potatoes and veg, I went for it, and it was GREAT! Moist, really good flavor, an excellent choice.

Diverse selection of beers, too. We were there on trivia night, so the bar was a bit noisy/fun. We ate in the dining room area, so it was fun to watch the trivia, but it did not intrude on us.

Service was good, I think it was Chris but not sure. My first question to the server is always "what's bad?" or "what's not your favorite?" and he was up-front with us, especially about the beers. I appreciate that honesty in a server.

Would definitely return, kind of wish there was one closer to me!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

WE ate here twice and it was fine. The first was a very busy Friday night and it was really noisy! Service was good and waitstaff friendly. The second time was a Sunday night and that made all the difference in the world! Service was again good and I really enjoyed my pea soup. It had delicious bites of ham in it. I'm a huge fan of well made soup and this was certainly not from a can.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am a crab cake lover. Ruddy Duck's crab cakes are some of the best that you will find anywhere. Great service and good food at the beginning of an interesting and tourist friendly area of Southern Maryland.

Don't forget the brewery. If you are a beer lover you will enjoy all the variety's available.