“Mmmmm... Beer”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dowell
Cuisines: American, Argentinean, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Ruddy Duck is a vibrant space that pairs artisan crafted food and beer delivered with passion
Maryland, USA
“Mmmmm... Beer”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ruddy Duck is a micro brewery with lots of tasty beers as well imports and other brands. The food is very good-your typical sammiches/burgers/salads. All are always very fresh and nicely presented. Definitely a fun place to stop for a beer & a bite!

Visited September 2012

Maryland USA
“Unexpected pleasentness.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When I booked my room at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn for a weekend workshop, I had no idea that this restaurant was right across the parking lot. having spent a good deal of my life in the food and beverage business, let me tell you this place does it right. Great layout with an open kitchen,nice selection on the menu and very good service. As I have seen others here say, the place does get extremely busy(at least the 2 nights I was there) but I did not see and "Attitude" with the staff and I know from experience, that busy night are not always conducive to pleasant staff. I did have an opportunity to talk with the owner,whose name I think was Carlos, and told him that I thought he had a great operation. Don't let negative reviews keep you away from this place if you are in the area. My wife and I are planning a weekend trip this summer, so she can enjoy the Ruddy Duck also.

• Visited January 2013
Inverness, Florida
“Over Priced SUB-PAR food with a SERVICE ATTITUDE!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

6 of us had dinner there just before Christmas. Place was busy so we knew we would wait for service. Upon arrival of your waiter it was clear he had an "ATTITUDE". Rather than greet us he immediately told us how busy he was. ( A smart person would have been happy with that). We ordered drinks which took about 15 minutes. Food took about 30 minutes (expected, after all they were busy.) Food was fair at best and NOT CHEAP. $12.00 for a burger and 13.00 for a mini-pizza. Pizza sauce was not homemade (definitely from a can). Micro Beer was NOT GOOD. FLAT. We ate didn't complain got our bill for Mr. Grumpy, paid, didn't complain and left. Second but LAST time going there. To many other places close by with much better menu/service/pricing.

• Visited December 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice time, decent beer”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Decent brewpub, good value and service. I have had/made better beer, but certainly better than the macro stuff at sports bars or anywhere else in the area.

Visited July 2012
Lusby, Maryland
“local favorite”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

we live nearby and eat here regularly. the pizza is excellent, the crabcakes are rated at the top of the list locally. Beers are top notch and service is great.

Visited November 2012