Review Highlights
Nice Museum with Interesting Displays

Our family was staying overnight in Easton and decided to visit a museum on this rainy day. We... read more

Reviewed March 31, 2014
Mike B
Abell, Maryland
Little history Museum in a sleepy Village

Was lunching in Denton and saw the sign for this museum. Its on a historical square in a little... read more

Reviewed June 30, 2013
CSSnowshoer
New York City, New York

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2017

The WWII exihbit is very moving. Local service letters read over photos, most didn't come home. Take the time to listen to the stories, well worth it.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 21, 2016

While I agree it is a bit sparse, you must consider the material of the area compared to the audience expectation. I found the museum to be informative to the audience it was intended, which was mostly the UGR (Underground Railway). The only real issue I had was the regularity of the open availability referenced to the open hours signs that are posted.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

The big white house with the columns on 5th St. should be the museum, not this small house with no space or real exhibits

Date of experience: September 2016
5  Thank OscarPeach
Reviewed July 27, 2016

The Museum of Rural Life offers a glimpse of the life and times of the people of the community of Denton and Caroline County. I learned that the museum is the product of dedicated volunteers and members of the community who sought to preserve their heritage and tell the story of this place. They did a great job. It is not high tech and does not include the involved interpretive features of more formidable museums. This place just tells the stories and you can take in a little or a lot. Take your pick.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed September 28, 2015

My wife and I wanted to actually stop and visit Denton,MD instead of just driving by on the way to the beaches. We stayed for the weekend and right across the street form our B&B was the museum. I read about it before we arrived and was expecting to see what others have reviewed about but..... They have a brand new exhibit " World War II Stories". Being a life long military history buff, I was delighted to tour and read the war experiences about local soldiers and their wives. Carol Stockley, who warmly greeted us at the entrance was a wealth of knowledge and is truly passionate about sharing her's and other's experiences with you. Many letters to and from our "greatest generation" hero"s are on exhibit including a fantastic display about war wives. It's a must see!

Date of experience: September 2015