“Little history Museum in a sleepy Village”

Museum of Rural Life
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Denton
New York City, New York
259 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 400 helpful votes
“Little history Museum in a sleepy Village”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was lunching in Denton and saw the sign for this museum. Its on a historical square in a little historical, albeit sleepy village. The building is deceiving from outside where it just looks like a house on the square but when you enter it goes and goes.
This is the second museum I have visited this month presided over by a single volunteer who did not have the lights on. I do understand that if you are not expecting anyone saving electricity makes sense, but as a visitor, I really feel unwelcomed.
I was hoping to see a few displays about Denton or some Rural displays...being interested in farm equipment. The volunteer advised that the regular displays had been removed/rearranged to allow for a painting display. The paintings did not impress, although there is an entire log cabin that was interesting. There is also a lot of furniture, but since I am not interested in furniture, I will let someone else comment on it. I am sure there are a lot of resources here that I did not investigate. Hope other reviewers do.

Visited June 2013