“Enjoyed the atmosphere but the service was lacking”
Review of Harry's

Harry's
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Centreville, Maryland
“Enjoyed the atmosphere but the service was lacking”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and I went to Harrys on a Thursday night. Although the restaurant was fairly busy, there didnt seem to be enough staff. We were waited on by a woman who wasnt very pleasant and seemed to be rushing us along. Our food was brought to us by a younger girl who was much more attentive than our waitress. The waitress didn't come back to check on us throughout the meal.. The food was great and we will go back and request a different waitress next time.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank tinamay24

Denton, Maryland
“Excellent dinner experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We actually showed up without reservations (on a weekend) and they were very accommodating in finding up a table. I would agree that making reservations is the smarter way to go. They were very crowded. The food was excellent. I am the steak lover of the family and my husband is the sea food lover. We both left very satisfied.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank bevburd
Denton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy atmosphere, good service and wonderful food.”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My husband took me here for my birthday and I loved it. We were seated by the fireplace in a quaint dining room. The service was attentive - but not overly so. The food was the best I have had since moving to the Eastern shore 3 years ago. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank kanuski
Bend, Oregon
“Harry's is Now in Denton”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Harry's has moved since my last review and the new location is better than the last - and I liked the last location! They are now downtown in Denton, right across from the library. The menu is similar but the have added a 4-6 PM 'Harry Hour' every day that they are open which is great for a light early meal or an after-work drink with friends.

The staff is the same so the service is still excellent, and I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The cream of crab soup is the best I have ever tasted (in fact it has ruined me for cream of crab anywhere else), same with the gumbo, the crab cakes are excellent - seriously, the whole menu is fantastic.

The new location is a little smaller than the last - I would strongly recommend a reservation, especially on the weekends. This is the best restaurant I have visited on the Eastern Shore - try it. It is my single favorite restaurant.

• Visited December 2010
3 Thank Bigguy425
Bend, Oregon
“Th Best Restaurant I Have ever visited”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I have been a regular customer of Harry's for years, and I can say that this is my single favorite restaurant - and by far the best restaurant I have visited on the Delmarva Peninsula. The setting is a historic mansion, the Goldborough House - the house itself and the grounds are worth a visit on their own. There is a small bar with a friendly atmosphere and great drinks - you will often find a lively conversation there and are always welcome to join in. This is Harry's domain - be sure to introduce yourself as Harry is an interesting person.

In the dining rooms: the wait staff is excellent, the wine list extensive, and the menu spectacular. The kitchen is the domain of Jeri Wyre, Harry's wife, and the food is excellent from appetizers to desserts. Jeri's cream of crab and Louisiana gumbo are 2 of the best things I have ever eaten - and that is just the start of the meal!

If I calculated correctly, I have been visiting Harry's regularly for the past 14 years and I have never had a bad meal. This is a great place for a dinner with friends, a romantic night out or just to get away.for a night as my wife and I often do. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough - it is simply the best.

Try it - you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Bigguy425

Been to Harry's? Share your experiences!