“Lots of bugs in my room”

Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
Orlando, Florida
“Lots of bugs in my room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

I stayed here and had lots of ants in my room getting into my food and on my bed. I told the front desk and they were not helpful. Also bathroom was filthy as a used towel and a open bottle of shampoo was left behind. My toilet kept clogging. You would expect these things in a run down place on the seedy side of town but this place is not very old looking and sits by itself with nothing nearby. Obviously this place is poorly managed. Will never stay hear again and I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank busyman84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mass
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

Disgusting dirty rooms- Front desk amatures- Manager not helpful

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank MassDionne

Travelers are raving about these Delmar hotels

Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Clean and Tidy - that is all I can really say and it is very important I suppose. Nothing stood out though. It served the purpose it was designed for. I would say that this hotel is primarily for people breaking a journey. I cannot see any reason to stay here for a period of time. It is in the middle of nowhere and just of a busy road. But then again that is what HIExpresses are all about.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wheesht!
Hopatcong, Nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We enjoyed a spacious, comfortable room with a very comfortable bed. We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast before departing for our destination.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank sanhorn
NW Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night enroute to other places. We found the property to be everything we expected to find in a HI Express.

One pet peeve - I wish HI Express properties heated their outdoor pools and would provide at least a small hot tub. But that's just me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

Overall, this was a very clean and newer hotel to stay at. My girlfriends and I stayed here for my bachelorette party. We were intending to spend most of our time in Ocean City.

I had no issues with the hotel itself, but mostly with the location. If you can get a room at the Holiday Inn right by the ocean I would go that route. I've stayed there too and I loved it.

This location also had a great indoor pool that we loved. It was a pain to drop off our belongings, drive to the boardwalk (30 minutes) and then come back to get ready for the party and then drive back to Ocean City (another 30 minutes). Then of course driving back to the hotel.

For convenience alone, I would try to stay closer to Ocean City next time. The hotel itself was a great experience, good staff, clean facility, parking, and nearby Ihop and shopping.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

This hotel sets back off the road so it is very quiet. The property is clean and well maintained and appears to be new in the last year or so. Breakfast was typical of the chain and was well stocked. Our room was also typical of the chain and was very clean and well maintained. There was plenty of parking and access to the parking lot was easy. There is a good selection of restaurants and shopping including Walmart and Sam's are nearby. We would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Clean, quiet and well maintained.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#2 of 14 in Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!