“Typical HIE - great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar

Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
NYC suburbs
“Typical HIE - great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here on Friday night on the way down to the OBX. It's the perfect half-way point. The best part of HIE is that you pretty much know exactly what you're going to get in terms of accommodations. The only unknown is what other guests will be there. On this trip, there was a pretty large group of youth baseball families. The dads were up late having a grand time, but since we were on the third floor, it wasn't an issue at all. I found the staff to be very friendly - they even called my room to let me know an interior light in my car was left on which prevented a huge problem of killing my battery overnight. My only complaint was there was no welcome package for priority members (I really could have used the water and little snack I get at every other HIE). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Glenwood96,

Thank you for giving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Delmar an opportunity to read about your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience the Team may have caused. Our hotel team strive for each guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We ask that if our guests have any concerns or problems, to reach out to the 24 hour front desk staff for assistance. We are always happy to help. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Anne Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Clifton Park, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We wanted to get away from Virginia Beach by a few hours. And the HI in Pocomoke City was just too expensive. Landed here. Greated nicely by a courteous young lady. Room on first floor. Of a two story building. Should have known. A "walker" above us. The floor creaking was annoying. The bed was old style, with a platform on the floor and a mattress and box spring mounted on it. Box spring was from another era. Rolling out of bed produced that metallic "boing" noise. Sheets were "pilled." Breakfast included 2 types of sausage. But no eggs. I was happy to get in the car and be on my way.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear John I,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Delmar, MD. I apologize that you had a less than delightful time at our facility. Our facility has completed many updates over the past 2 years. We hope that each of our guests will enjoy the upgrades. We take all guests feedback to heart as we strive to be a "Great Hotel Guests Love". Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Ramsey, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We are Platinum IHG members, so we try to stay at IHG hotels whenever possible. This hotel was halfway between destinations, and we just needed something quick for the night, so we chose it.

The front desk staff was courteous and did accommodate us nicely, including our late check-out request. The room rate was a little high I thought for the area, but still worth it for the great Holiday Inn Express breakfasts.

Unfortunately, the hotel is LOUD. As others have mentioned in reviews, there was at least one sports team staying in the hotel. While we didn't hear them talking/yelling, we were put on the 1st floor of the hotel, so we heard extremely loud walking/stomping above us throughout the night and all morning.

I definitely don't fault anyone, and unfortunately the hotel doesn't appear to have a club floor. If we ever stay here in the future, I think we'll request a top floor room as the walls and floors seem to be pretty thin.

On a positive note, the room was very clean, the bathroom was immaculate, and breakfast was delicious (although VERY busy).

Overall, I would rate this hotel average, and not as great as other Holiday Inns we've stayed at based on the price and location.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor if possible. Ask for a top-floor room to avoid all possible noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iTravel242
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear ireview242,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and Thank you for being a valued IHG Platinum Member. Our hotel team loves getting to meet each guest that comes through our door. We are also blessed to be the host AREA for the USSSA Tournament each July for 3 weeks. We know that there are times that our teams can be excited and a little louder than we would like. However, we take the comfort of ALL our guests very seriously. We ask that if a guest ever has an issue, that they please notify the front desk so that we can do our best to resolve the concern. Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD.

Thetford, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a layover on a long trip. Room was clean and comfortable, no complaints about the stay at all. Service was adequate. Very convenient location to restaurants, shopping. Hotel was very busy when I was there, which led to more noise in the hallways than I would have preferred, but it seems everywhere I stay around this area during this time of year has a lot of sports teams, teenagers, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear badbcatha,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our area is blessed to have many sports teams play in the Salisbury area during the summer time. We love getting to meet everyone from all areas. We hope that you will return to visit us again soon.

War Regards,
Anne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel staff is racist ! I checked out the room at 11:00 and by time I got down the road I checked my account and they charged me 200 saying I smoked in the room when I know it was no smoke..within 45 mins of me leaving the hotel they charged my account and took pics saying it was smoke. The claim is bogus and I knew something wasn't right when I left out the hotel because of how the staff was eyeing me leaving. They said they found ashes on the CARPET and in the BATHROOM sink ! How petty is that? They went in searching and probably planted it just to say it was smoking, mind you my son have bronchitis and I don't smoke. The overall experience was terrible visiting Maryland for the holiday and I will NEVER stay at another holiday inn. Do not stay if you're not of their race that's all I'm saying

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Juicy757.,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. Our hotel has rules and policies in place to assist in making sure each guest has a Great and comfortable stay. One of our policies is that our hotel is 100% non-smoking. We provide a designated smoking area for our guests on the exterior of the hotel. To ensure that each guests is aware of this policy, each guest signs a "Non-smoking" policy in addition to the registration card. Our policy states " As a guest staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD, we want to give each guest the best accommodations possible. For us to be able to accomplish this goal, we expect that our guests will assist us in keeping our hotel smoke free. We have designated smoking area adjacent from the front door for our guests to enjoy. On occasion guests will violate this policy. The hotel takes this violation seriously. Therefore, any guest that is found smoking within the hotel will be asked to check out immediately and will be charged for any unused remaining nights on the reservation in addition to a $ 200.00 cleaning fee. We appreciate your understanding of our policy." We then have the guest sign and date the policy. It saddens our hotel team when we have someone violate this policy. The cleaning fee assist us in making sure that the next guests stay is in a non-smoking environment. We appreciate your understanding while we continue to provide the best accommodations for each guest.

Warm Regards,

Anne Webster

Travelers are raving about these Delmar hotels

Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

PLEASE BE VERY WARY ABOUT YOUR STAY AT THIS HOTEL
This was one of my families worst hotel stays ever.
My wife turned on the heat a little as my kids were cold because of the A/C, this caused an acrid smell in whole room and the hallway. Called the desk attendant who said it smelled like kerosene and immediately moved my family to another room and was told to speak to the manager the next day,
The next day I went to the front desk and the desk attendant said that there was no issue and I was complaining about nothing, so I asked for the manager. She said the manager was not in. Later came back saw her talking to someone in the managers office.
I asked to speak to the manager and was told that person was a cleaning lady, I asked can I speak to the cleaning lady then. The person came out 'Anne Webster' saying she was the cleaning supervisor. I explained the issue to her, however got the same answer that there was no issue and even that the whole incident even occured. I disagreed with her saying check the hotel records , I was moved to another room for good reason at which point she asked me to leave and threatened to call the police.
The police did come and I politely explained the situation and he asked "Anne Webster" for the manager, turned out that the "cleaning lady", later "cleaning supervisor" now turns out ot be the "General Manager" of the hotel. Why they tried to avoid the situation is a mistery, they obviously had something to hide. Anyways a warning to anyone thinking of a stay at this hotel, please be careful

Room Tip: PLEASE BE VERY WARY ABOUT YOUR STAY AT THIS HOTEL This was one of my families worst hotel stays eve...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Umesh G
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Umesh,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered. We make every attempt to assist our guests in the most professional manner. However, there are times when we are unable to find an agreeable term and we are in need of calling the authorities to assist with given situations. We only reach out to the local Police in extreme circumstances. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are a business or leisure traveler, I recommend you stay elsewhere. It seems this hotel caters to little league sports teams. Check-in was OK. But I immediately noticed a large group of parents in the breakfast area hanging out and drinking alcoholic beverages while their kids dressed in Little League uniforms brought their parents beers from their rooms.The kids and their siblings seemed to run around from room to room, knocking on & slamming doors and yelling to each other up and down the hall. Several were sitting in the halls outside their rooms playing video games or using their phones, while their parents left them unsupervised. The noise was from both outside the room, and thundering footsteps from above lasted until after midnight and started up around 6am, an hour before the scheduled breakfast time.

The property itself was ok but showed signs of wear and poor workmanship in the rooms. The bedding was clean, but not very comfortable.

If you enjoy the sound of slamming doors, stomping footsteps and yelling outside your door, this is the hotel for you. If not, stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AlexShumpta
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Alexshumpta,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Salisbury, MD. I apologize for the inconvenience you had while staying at our location. Our area is blessed to have large groups of sports teams that visit throughout the year for various types of tournaments. Our hotel team does its absolute best to make sure that guests that are not affiliated with the special events are on a separate floor. There are some exceptions due to room preference/type. However, we do have a policy in place for noise disturbances. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any front desk agent when you have a question or concern. Thank you again.

Anne Webster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#2 of 14 in Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!