“Dont stay here”

Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Rooms were not cleaned daily and the breakfast food was terrible and cheap. The owner does not care about his guests if rooms are not cleaned daily. Several of us stayed here for big basketball tournament and they left housekeeping to the bare minimum. People had to compblain to get some houdekeeping and sadly the boys did not know they had to ask for it so they were drowning in garbage and wet dirty towels.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank kingger
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear kingger,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Delmar MD. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your 1 night stay at our facility. Our goal is to have each of our guests feel that we have exceeded their expectations. As per our earlier conversation, you inquired about our housekeeping policy. We provide daily housekeeping to all of guests except those that have a Do Not Disturb Sign on the outside of their door. During the teams 2 night stay with us, we did have housekeeping services available, however, the members of the team did place the sign in their door, therefore we do not Disturb the Guests. Unfortunately, I am unaware of any additional complaints that you are referencing as we take each comment and/or concern that is brought to us by our guests and address them. I apologize for your team "drowning in garbage and wet dirty towels" during their 2 night stay. We take great pride in our breakfast each morning. We offer a complimentary Hot breakfast with a rotating menu of bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs or omelets, fresh pancakes, pastries etc. Each guest prefers different tastes of different items, therefore, we have salt, pepper, ketchup, honey and salsa available to all of our guests. This enables our guests to have the comforts of home. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD.

Warn Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed only one night here on a drive around the Chesapeake Bay. We arrived fairly late, did a load of laundry, slept, and left. So we really did get to size up much of the hotel. We were greeted by a friendly woman upon check-in. Our room was clean and well appointed. The laundry facility was clean and easily accessible. The bed was comfortable. And we never heard our neighbors or the road outside. Overall, this was a good, uneventful stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Meyerinc,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy all of the other amenities that we offer on property. We recently had all new fitness equipment installed. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here planning to go to Ocean City the next day. The room was excellent and clean. The bathroom was very big for a hotel and had the best shower. I liked how the room was accomodiative to the needs of different amounts of family members. Breakfast for a hotel was top notch. "Continental" just got a new meaning. There was bacon, pancakes, muffins, cereal, yougurt, sausage and biscuts, oatmeal, and more! The woman at the front desk was obviously tired and was a little snippy, but after seeing how pack the hotel was.. I would be too. If you're looking for a quick night in Salisbury/ Delmar.. Spend your money here!

Room Tip: Either bottom or top floor, end of the hall to the left.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mawijr
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear MJW-PanAm,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Delmar, MD. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I understand what it is like to travel with family and the breakfast is one of two decision factors for me when traveling especially with children. I apologize that you did not have a great experience with your interactions with the front desk associate. However, I have shared your comments with our department teams. It is very important that our guests feel at home. I appreciate your understanding and patience. I hope to see you and your family back soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was met with a warm reception and recieved a great room. Although near the highway, the hotel was quiet. Just a little out of town, but near all the action. The only small problem was a vibrating refrigerator and a burnt out bulb in the bathroom. When this was mentioned to the morning desk clerk, he completed my sentence about the burnt out bulb. Wonder how long it's been out???
Rooms were comfortable and clean though, and I will surely make this my place to stay next time I'm in Salisbury.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FromdaUPeh
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear FromdaUPeh,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Delmar, MD. We love for our guests to feel as though they are home while away from home. We look forward to your return when back in the Salisbury, MD Area.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We always spend an overnight at Holiday Inn Express in Pocomoke City to break up travel to OBX, but this year made the fateful decision to drive further north to Delmar. Checked in to Room 111, unpacked and settled before leaving for dinner when I noticed something strange in the bathroom - NO SHOWER CURTAIN. Immediately went to front desk to report and the young man working told me he had no idea why there was no shower curtain and he would have to move us to another room. I asked for housekeeping and he said this hotel only has housekeeping staff in the morning...so we moved to room 211 where there was a shower curtain. However, next morning we discovered we could not shower because the shower faucet handle was broken making it impossible to switch water flow from tub to shower head. In an efffort to vacate as soon as possible we went to the very small lounge for breakfast only to find all tables and chairs occupied. Breakfast was decent - if you are comfortable taking food back to your room. Also, the presence of insect and rodent bait traps in the LOBBY and stairwell made me very uncomfortable. I expected to report the broken shower handle to staff on my way out, but of course, there was no one at the front desk when we were leaving at 9:30 AM!!

Room Tip: I would recommend travelers go to Pocomoke City or try the Hampton Inn which is less than a mile sou...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RRcoeli

Dear RRcoeli,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations while staying with us. I have passed along your comments regarding the room without a shower curtain. It is our hotels policy to wash each shower curtain upon the departure of a guest. Our hotel has the traps in place as a preventative due to our location near farmland. However, our facility does not have an issue with the items that you mentioned. I have also addressed your concern with the Front Desk agents. Once again I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel room was clean and smelled fresh. The desks greets you with a smile and tries to make sure all your personal needs are met. This hotel was a great location, we were down the road from all the restaurants and the mall. Also the hotel is 35 minutes from the ocean city, md outlets and about 45 minutes from ocean city, md beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Revnate,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I have posted your comments for the staff to read. It is important that we exceed the expectations of our guests. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed one night for a trip to Rehoboth Beach. There was no rooms available closer to the beach. Average hotel, staff and breakfast. Clean rooms, but no in-room safe, which I thought was rather strange. Lots of places to eat near by. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear we_out,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having an in-room safe. However, we do provide Safety Deposit boxes at the front desk complimentary to our guests. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD.

Anne Webster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#5 of 14 in Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Salisbury, MD
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!