“Average Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed one night for a trip to Rehoboth Beach. There was no rooms available closer to the beach. Average hotel, staff and breakfast. Clean rooms, but no in-room safe, which I thought was rather strange. Lots of places to eat near by. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear we_out,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having an in-room safe. However, we do provide Safety Deposit boxes at the front desk complimentary to our guests. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights Aug 18-20, rooms clean and updated, breakfast was only Ok, help didnt seem too concerened about things running out. Some things were "out" for 2 days, but the basics were there and it was average quality. Lots of kids for a baseball tournament, so kind of noisy in the lobby area, but overall was not too bad. I would stay here again if in the area, even though the rate seemed a bit high, it was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear MSP-Mike,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Delmar, MD. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayl. However, I will address your concerns with our breakfast hosts about items "running low/out". We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests as they come to our property for business and leisure. We hope that you will be able to join us again for another fabulous stay.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

i booked 3 rooms from aug 22-aug 25. this was not my 1st time staying at this hotel. we had a wonderful experience. the hotel staff was great, the breakfast was great and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean.
the only downsides was at check in i had to wait for the desk clerk to finish talking to a worker b4 she checked us in. so i sat there about 3 minutes b4 she even acknowledged me.....and the 2nd downside was it was alot of kids at the hotel and they stomped above our heads for 1/2 the night. also there were only 3 housekeepers and it took them quite a while to get to my room, but alot of people had checked out that day, so it was understandable.
overall i loved this hotel and i would def stay again!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Fred A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. We delighted to know that all three rooms in your party enjoyed their stay. I will share your thoughts with the front desk team. Our guests should not have to wait while the team chats. Our guests are top priority and should be taken care of promptly. We hope that you will be able to come back and visit soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My friend and I were looking for a moderately affordable place to stay in the Ocean City area for the night for a trip to the beach. I grew up on the beaches in Florida and am completely shocked at how expensive the hotels are in the outskirts here. With taxes, $170 for one night in a Holiday Inn Express 45 minutes away from the beach is insanity. I don't think I've ever paid that for a hotel in my life and have traveled the world over, staying in minimum 3 star places. Wowzers.

None the less, check in was a breeze, the ladies behind the front desk were friendly, our room was clean, smoke free, and comfortable. There was plenty of parking and the free breakfast was okay. I'm not a breakfast person, but eggs, yogurt, cereal, pastries, and waffles or pancakes were available.

The hotel appears to be in a safe area with many food options and a grocery store nearby.

I teeter on a 3 or 4 rating here due to the rate alone. I settled with a 4 due to the fact we had no issues, everything was clean, staff was friendly, and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear Shanlando,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar MD. We are delighted to read about your satisfactory stay. Our team strives to meet and exceed our guests expectations with cleanliness and service. Our guests will always find the best packages when booking your room early. I will share your review with the staff so that we may continue to serve our guests.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Recently I stayed at the HOLIDAY INN-Delmar. Upon arrival I was greated promptly and assigned a room. The reservation and check in process was excellent. The mattress and bed linens were good and the room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory and an added value.

Room Tip: I reocommend staying on a higher floor so you do not have all of the noise of people running up and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Romano090,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Delmar, MD. We appreciate your thoughts about your stay. I love the mattresses too. They are very comfortable. The breakfast is the best way to start your day; the warm Cinnamon Rolls, the fresh pancakes and sausage. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had a group of 18 staying here. We are in Salisbury for a big softball tournament. One of our team member's parents arranged for the hotel, got a special "pre-pay" rate on line. The total for 3 nights was about 2300 for 5 rooms for our girls and chaperones. When I showed to check in, they had decided to not charge the credit card "for security reasons". Therefore, we did not have a locked in rate we thought we had. They raised the rate substantially (about $1300 more for the three nights). We already had a couple of girls who couldn't afford what we were already paying. The General Manager indicated her hands were tied. It was a corporate thing, and she could not change the rates. When I asked her why the estimated total was $2300, but they were charging us substantially more, she kept pointing to the reservation (that had the 2300 on it), We didn't understand why ours said "2318 estimated total", but she kept finding something a lot higher. Oddly, the parent who made the reservation also made one for another parent in the group. Got the discounted rate, no problem. They didn't change the rate on them at the last minute.

When we told her we were contemplating walking, the attitude was "go ahead and try. You'll find nothing because of the big tournament." Bottom line, the manager refused to budge. It was a surreal conversation. I luckily had a friend who's condo was unoccupied for a few nights. We jammed a bunch of girls in there, and looked for a hotel nearby to put some of the chaperones. Oddly, there was an HIE express just a few blocks away. When I told the deks what happened, they immediately lowered the rate to come close to our HIE in Delmar rate.

So, BEWARE. If you pre-pay to get the better rate and they don't charge you, they may be trying to put you over a barrel. At the very least, they won't care if you get in a tight spot. They were willing to lose $2300 to squeeze 11 girls for $1300 more.

Looked like a nice hotel, but very unfriendly. Don't let them sucker you in and stick it to you. They won't care if you have a bunch of kids with you.

I'll be writing a positive review of the HIE in OC. Much friendlier staff and management.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank amyanderic1
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Amyanderic1,

I am sorry that you did not have a wonderful encounter upon arrival. You indicated that the rate was changed because the reservation was not "pre-paid". However, that was not accurate. When you informed us that there was a rate discrepancy, it was requested that the confirmation be provided. At the time of receiving the confirmation in email form, the confirmation letter was opened to the group at the same time that we received it. The email confirmation showed that the rate that was displayed on the registration card was indeed the rate that was on the confirmation letter. We apologize for any miscommunication or understanding you may have received. The hotel also attempted to find other accommodations for the group since you reserved 5 rooms. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time. The hotel exceeded my expectations and the staff was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Bmore134,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Delmar, MD. Next time you come to the area, check out the specials that we offer on our website. We offer packages for mulitple night stays and dining discounts. Don't forget about the Priority Club rewards program. You have an opportunity to earn points with each stay. Thank you again.

Anne Webster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#5 of 14 in Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Salisbury, MD
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!