“Slept in my Car”

Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Dank Dank Dank. the smell of dankness was apparent as soon as I walked to my room . Had a hard time breathing and could not get to sleep .Finally had to go out and sleep in my car while my wife slept. There was a leak in the ceiling of the fitness center across the hall . This may have been a recurrring problem causing the smell.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank menton5
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear menton5,

I am sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our facility. We strive for each guest to have a stress free stay and it appears that we did not accomplish that goal. I can assure you that the problem you had has been resolved 100%. We have succeeded in doing multiple upgrades to better accommodate our guests so that we will be able to meet and exceed expectations. We hope that when you travel in the area that you will give the Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar a second opportunity.

Anne Webster

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed here with my son because we were visiting Salisbury U. I called the hotel before I booked because I was worried after reading some of the reviews. The staff person on the phone assured me that the hotel was under new management and all problems had been addressed and not all issues were accurate. I crossed my fingers and booked the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I did check every inch of the room just to make sure no critter would surprise me ~ and I found that the room was very clean. No dust behind the tv cabinet. No dust anywhere. Everything was updated, clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was updated and very clean. The beds were great. The front desk did inform me that new mattresses were purchased this year. The morning breakfast was great. The dining room held 40+ plus a couch, chairs and tv area. The staff in charge of breakfast kept updating all food items. Great coffee. Several types of real creamer too. Much better than a typical econo-hotel. Great value!
Plus this hotel is very close to a bustling shopping area...lots of restaurants and stores, and a hospital close by.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This room smelled like someone had just smoked in it that morning, never mind 4 months ago. Because the hotel was booked solid, the best they could do was offer us Febreeze. My one daughter's asthma was triggered by the smoke smell and my other daughter ended up with Bronchitis! My son had to play early the next morning at a Baseball tournament and needed a good night's sleep , but he tossed and turned all night because of the smell! The pool was closed, too! When a customer PREPAYS for a nonsmoking room, they should get it. When checking out in the morning, the front desk person was on a personal call on her cell phone, ducking down behind the counter and I had to wait until there was a line behind me for her to finally offer her assistance.... I will never stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bballtravelers
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Nice clean, hotel. Unfortunately, they vacuum virtually every morning between 9:15 and 9:30am ET. It is the most loud and annoying noise when you are vacationing and the whole family is trying to sleep in. Also hallway noise is really loud - you can hear everything that comes remotely close to your room, even normal volume talking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bionictick
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The other bad reviews are correct. Need I Say More! Stayed at other similar rated hotels and this place I was not very impressed with. Some say friendly, funny they must have had a bad day because the staff seemed kind of indifferent, sort of bordering rudeness. Oh well we all have bad days. Maybe my next stay somewhere else may be better.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Well the good thing is the staff is friendly. But if you like paper thin walls and it sounded like the people above me were going to come crashing through the ceiling each time they walked.

I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BusiTravel101
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a graduation in Salisbury, MD, which is only about 10 minutes away. I got a great deal through priceline.com, and after I made the reservation online, I called the hotel directly and asked for a non-smoking room. The man on the phone told me it would be no problem and I could make this request upon arrival. I knew it would be busy due to graduation, but the man insisted it would be no problem. Well of course when we arrived we were assigned a smoking room. When I went back to the front desk to request a non-smoking room, the staff, including a woman who looked like a manager, looked at me like I had two heads. After a lot of grumbling on the manager's part, she gave us a "non-smoking" room. It still smelled like smoke, including the pillows. We woke up with horrible headaches from this. Bottom line - if you're a non-smoker, this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 12,381
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#5 of 14 in Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Salisbury, MD
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!