“Amazing food!!”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the best food I've ever had, hands down. The woman that waited on us was very sweet. The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful, and without a doubt is worth going to!

1  Thank Hayley M

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ordered the crab strudel expecting Maryland blue crab..the filling had orange, stringy, fishy tasting crab in a soggy phyllo wrapper..it was inedible..I asked where crab came from and was told the "chef" got it in DC..horrible experience..especially for an anniversary dinner..

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Deer Park Inn is somewhat out of the way, but well worth the trip. It is a quaint old home converted into a restaurant. Quite unique. I had a superb Cauliflower Samosa (first time ever) which was inspired in its creation and extraordinarily well-spiced. The yogurt sauce was perfect. My girlfriend had the salmon. It was very well prepared and beautifully presented and tasted good. The sauce was good. Had it been more infused into the salmon, it would have been even better. The service was outstanding, prompt, friendly, and highly knowledgable about the dishes being served. If you are anywhere in Western Maryland, do yourself the favor of going to check this place out.

2  Thank SamiSay
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I made a reservation here as part of a surprise birthday trip I planned for my boyfriend in Deep Creek. I was a little nervous, because I had never been to the area and honestly didn't know what to expect. Suffice to say, if we ever return to Deep Creek, we will definitely be paying Sandy and Pascal another visit. Sandy greeted us and took our coats, then showed us to our seat. It's a very cozy dining room, with several small tables.

For the first half hour, we had the place to ourselves to listen to listen to the French music playing softly in the background, enjoy the soft lighting, sip some wine, chat with Sandy, and make the difficult decision of which enticing entree to pick. I first had a salad with a goat cheese crostini, and it was delicious. My boyfriend had the squash soup, which was great on a chilly January night. From there, Sandy gave us a list of the days specials. I ended up choosing the breaded skate (a fish similar to a sting-ray), because, where else was I going to be offered such a fresh and unique meal??? I had never had it before, and it was just as sweet and succulent as could be.

We passed on what sounded like several incredible desserts due to how satisfying the meal was, and opted to finish our bottle of wine instead. Sandy checked on us now and then, but definitely let us take our time to savor the experience of dining there.

Overall this was a very cozy and romantic place to share an amazing, freshly prepared French meal, with wonderful and attentive service. My boyfriend was thrilled and thanked me several times after we left for such a nice birthday dinner.

3  Thank Maggie B
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The restaurant is run by a French couple. The food is classic French, with a Maryland twist. They could improve the wine list, but this is one of the "go to" places in Deep Creek Lake for a fine meal. Service is fine, but not rushed. Try to speak a few words of French if the owner is your waitress. I had bouef bourgignon, which was perfectly made.

2  Thank baltlaw