“Turn of the 20th Century perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Deer Park Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deer Park
Deer Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Deer Park B&B and Inns
Smithsburg, Maryland, United States
“Turn of the 20th Century perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Beautiful 1890's cottage house. Unrestored origional furnishings and charm. No air conditioning required in this mountain haven. French country hospitality provided by Sandy and her master chief husband Pascal. The food is fabulous!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luanne M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

This place is old, which I like, but it lacks some basic amenities that I expect in a B&B these days. The door to our bedroom did not have a lock on it. Any of the guests in the place could have walked on us. Breakfast was set before us in the morning without any questions about our dietary restrictions or preferences. My eggs had a dog hair in them. The sheets and pillow cases has a musty smell to them. I had trouble falling asleep because of that. No air conditioning. In the summer? The place is isolated and you can't really walk anywhere from the inn. You need a car. The staff seems to mean well but I really can't recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reggie90210
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I found the Deer Park Inn last minute and booked it because nothing else was available in the Deep Creek Lake Area. I am sorry to say that we should have just waited a few weekends until something else opened up.

I can truly appreciate the historical value behind some bed and breakfasts but the stench in the place was nearly too much. Everything is so dark and the colors are that dark maroon stuff that was popular in the Victorian age. I spent most of the night looking for ghosts. Yes, I was awake most of the night because the bed was horrible and the sheets smelled like sour dust. Oh, and there's no a/c and it's August. You do the math.

I've seen hostels that were better than this place. I just don't like paying $180 for a room that is worth 1/4 of that price. The website pictures made it look so nice and cozy but that's just not the case. Stay away from this place unless you like throwing money down the toilet....which, by the way, had a pull chain and refused to flush completely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Oakland
Oak-Mar Motel
Oak-Mar Motel
#5 of 6 in Oakland

Been to Deer Park Inn? Share your experiences!