“Worth a trip to the end of the road (literally!)”

Skippers Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Skippers Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Deale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Follow the road to the end and Skipper's is there or dinghy over from Herrington Harbor. The dock bar is a fun and friendly place with a pub menu (try the fish tacos) and live music, the inside bar has quality draft beers and A/C. The crabs are good in the summer, and a variety of oysters are available in season, Blue Points, Malpeaques, Delaware Bays as well as the traditional Chesapeake varieties.
You can't beat the view at sunset.

2  Thank petertr3

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We returned to Skippers Pier a few weeks later. This time out of 6 crabs, two were bad. My husband's meal was much worse. I told the server that I wanted to be credited for the two bad crabs, but she said only a manger could do that. (This policy should be revisited.) The "manager" was obviously the cook, and as she spoke, she seemed to indicate she was a co-owner. She blamed her crab wholesaler for the bad crabs, which I thought was odd. Why did she chose to steam a crab which was dead? Or were they left over from another service? I also asked her where she got her crabs and she announced with PRIDE they were from Louisiana. As I sat hearing this, gazing out to the water with crab boats going in and out, why did she opt to import bad crabs from another state instead of supporting her neighbors. We go to Maryland crab houses for Maryland crabs.
I guess the change of management has done in another nice venue.

2  Thank SidelineObservant
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been going to Skipper's for the last ten years. The setting is excellent and when the weather allows the outside patio is especially enjoyable. I was there last week and ordered one of my all time favorites, shrimp and grits. The new owners decided to change up the presentation. The shrimp were placed on top of the grits with a sauce. It was gooey. Recommend they drop the sauce. The cheese grits are great without the sauce. Always enjoy the southern style greens in this restaurant. My husband and I have always visited for the Large Alaskan Crab Claws. Would love to see them back on the menu even on a limited basis.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have been going to Skippers since new owners took over. Nice variety of selections on the menu, have not been disappointed by anything ordered.
Service is good, and the setting is simply wonderful.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were looking for a crab place on the water, but on this side of the Bay Bridge and found Skipper's Pier. The crabs were pretty good, nothing out of the ordinary. One bad crab in my half dozen, but no offer to adjust the price or bring me another one. Hence the Average rating.
The hubby got the fried chicken. It was actually a chicken breast flattened and breaded, not real Maryland fried chicken. He likes chicken tenders so he was happy after he pushed the flour-tasting "gravy" off the top. Prices were high for Deale, Maryland.
It is a nice little place, looks clean and the view is nice. We'll give it another go in a few weeks.