“Be sure to stop in”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“Be sure to stop in”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been to the Killarney three times now and I must say that it just doesn't miss on fine beer, tasty food and a wonderful atmosphere. I've eaten in the pub section with my wife and had a fun experience; twice with my in-laws in the restaurant area area and the KH holds it's own with any other casual dining place. I recommend the fish and chips, the medeival stew, the corned beef and cabbage, and make sure to try the corned beef and cabbage roll-up appetizers.

• Visited July 2013

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Decided one rainy Monday night to find out why the parking lot was full+”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

So, one rainy evening this past Winter, I was driving down Davidsonville Rd, returning home from work, when I couldn't help but notice that the parking lot at Killarney House was jam packed full of cars. I pulled in, scratched my head, "Wha?" and proceeded to wait for a parking space to open.
I walked through the raindrops into the dining room, and asked why is the restaurant so crowded? What was I missing? I was happily told that it was BURGER NIGHT. Generally, only seating on the covered and heated deck, and the bar, but they were so busy with the burger crowd, they sat me down in the dining room. Thus, I experience my first Angus Burger at Killarney. The special menu included six different burgers with toppings, and a side of fries for $5.00. Now, that's the deal! I get it, and I got it. I asked to substitute the mashed carrots and parsnips. No problem, though there may have been a slight upcharge, it was inconcequencial.
The burger was one of the best I have ever had, and just the way I ordered it. The mashed carrots and parsips, always a yum comfort food! Yes! Killarney House. Always a good meal, great service and friendly surroundings. (Photo is from the brunch menu, from a time past!)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank warmvanill
“I'd give this place a solid--meh.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We finally got to eat here after living just down the street for almost three years. I was excited to finally get to try what I was hoping was going to be very authentic Irish cuisine. The facade of the restaurant is typical country-store styling--it could have been a feed store in another life. Once inside you're greeted by more Maryland farmland charm--barn-like walls covered in ancient farming equipment. The seating was very comfortable.

The service was courteous and polite, but also slow and personality-less. The food was so-so. We started with the Cabbage wraps which were sorely lacking in corned beef (the world's most inexpensive meat!), but were mightily tasty. I then had the Shepherd's Pie. It was okay, but definitely didn't leave me dying for more. It was easy to stop halfway through to save some for lunch tomorrow (and cut my calories in half). My wife had the seafood salad. She said it was very good except that the shrimp were quite firm and rubbery. My son had the Fish and Chips and was very happy with it. I tried it and agreed that the fried whiting was very tasty. My daughter had the Medieval Beef Stew. Like the Shepherd's Pie, it was good without being great.

For dessert we chose to share the bread pudding. The portion size was very small and it wasn't that great. In fact it was a pretty big let down.

All in all this place was just average. Average plus an $80 price tag equals--we won't be going back. There are much better restaurants in this area to spend your money at.

• Visited June 2013
maryland
“the Reuben”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

the Reuben sandwch here has no equal in the 35 years i spent looking for the best.
Killarney House is our 'local', so i can now get the best Reuben frequently.
Staff doesn't change much, so you know the front of the house is working
as well as the kitchen.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank innsitterMaryland
Annapolis, MD
“Good service but food so, so”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for lunch on a Sunday about 12:30 pm. Ordered an Irish reuben sandwich. The sandwich was made with small chunks of corned beef rather than slices and there was much more cabbage than meat. The service personnel were pleasant and efficient.

• Visited April 2013