“I'd give this place a solid--meh.”

Killarney House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“I'd give this place a solid--meh.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We finally got to eat here after living just down the street for almost three years. I was excited to finally get to try what I was hoping was going to be very authentic Irish cuisine. The facade of the restaurant is typical country-store styling--it could have been a feed store in another life. Once inside you're greeted by more Maryland farmland charm--barn-like walls covered in ancient farming equipment. The seating was very comfortable.

The service was courteous and polite, but also slow and personality-less. The food was so-so. We started with the Cabbage wraps which were sorely lacking in corned beef (the world's most inexpensive meat!), but were mightily tasty. I then had the Shepherd's Pie. It was okay, but definitely didn't leave me dying for more. It was easy to stop halfway through to save some for lunch tomorrow (and cut my calories in half). My wife had the seafood salad. She said it was very good except that the shrimp were quite firm and rubbery. My son had the Fish and Chips and was very happy with it. I tried it and agreed that the fried whiting was very tasty. My daughter had the Medieval Beef Stew. Like the Shepherd's Pie, it was good without being great.

For dessert we chose to share the bread pudding. The portion size was very small and it wasn't that great. In fact it was a pretty big let down.

All in all this place was just average. Average plus an $80 price tag equals--we won't be going back. There are much better restaurants in this area to spend your money at.

• Visited June 2013

maryland
“the Reuben”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

the Reuben sandwch here has no equal in the 35 years i spent looking for the best.
Killarney House is our 'local', so i can now get the best Reuben frequently.
Staff doesn't change much, so you know the front of the house is working
as well as the kitchen.

2 Thank innsitterMaryland
Annapolis, MD
“Good service but food so, so”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went for lunch on a Sunday about 12:30 pm. Ordered an Irish reuben sandwich. The sandwich was made with small chunks of corned beef rather than slices and there was much more cabbage than meat. The service personnel were pleasant and efficient.

Edgewater, Maryland
“Local gem”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been fans of the Killarney House since it opened years ago. And it NEVER disappoints!! The service is absolutely top notch and the food is always delicious. It feels like home!! The menu has changed and evolved over the years, some of my favorites have been replaced but I always manage to find a NEW favorite. The Salmon Galway Bay is my VERY favorite (I do get it with the delicious mashed pototes instead of the recommended rice). The Farmhouse Chicken is fantastic!! And their fried oysters and crab cakes are amazing!!!! It is a friendly, family-like environment with a beautiful fireplace and old fashioned decorations. Of course, Irish music fills the air. You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend the Killarney House!!

“Great place”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped in on our way home and got a seat with no problem. Very nice staff. Many items to choose from. Corned beef poppers were yummy. Big portions- took left overs home. Unfortunately too full for dessert but the sounded good.