“Pleasant Sunday Breakfast”

Cafe Mark
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Cumberland
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Maryland
“Pleasant Sunday Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent coffee, nice Sunday breakfast specials. Service was fine. Small place in an old historical block. Easy walking distance to the canal and bike path area. Wifi worked well -- ask for the password.

• Visited February 2014

Ashland, Pennsylvania
“Our stop along the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We travel through the area every few months and this is our spot to stop along the way. The halfway point of our trip puts us near Cumberland and we schedule our trip so that we can get breakfast at Cafe Mark. Being from the East Coast, we have a good bit of travel into the cities where you can get Quality Food, and that is part of what draws us to this location. The food is great quality for the price.

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Need to be mindful of cleanliness...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I visited Café Mark this morning and observed a tall man with gray hair blowing his nose behind the counter, in close proximity to where the food was being prepared. Had this been before I ate my food, I would have left. It would be hard for me to return there and retain my appetite, which is unfortunate, as I visit Cumberland 3-4 times a year and there is dearth of good eateries in the area. The service however, was excellent, and the food and coffee were both good.

• Visited December 2013
markrose1956, Owner at Cafe Mark, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Customers and Friends,
I felt I needed to respond to this review. First of all to apologize for possibly jeopardizing some ones health or the reputation of my business by blowing my nose in close proximity to any food or drink preparation. I have a nasal condition called rhinitis that sometimes gives me a problem and I have found a spray that helps. But from now on I will be more careful not to take care of it close to any work we are doing. Again, my sincere apologies, and wish you all a wonderful day.
stafford, va
“Sunday for brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Found Café Mark in the Cumberland downtown after Mass at St Patrick's and were delighted with the food and atmosphere. Service was prompt and friendly, although its a small place and the four of us had to split into two groups, it wasn't a problem. Excellent ingredients - my Cajun omelette had excellent Andouille in it, and the southern breakfast excellent black forest ham. The only ding was that they had run out of French toast, but substituted pancakes for the kids and they were fine with that.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank johncatworth
Virginia
“Nice stop for Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed the night in Cumberland and stumbled upon Café Mark while exploring the downtown area. We had a very nice Sunday brunch, enjoyed by everyone in the party. They were out of the special French Toast (which looked amazing), but obligingly offered to do pancakes with the same fresh fruit mixture for the two in our party who had wanted French Toast, and we had a Cajun omelet and a Southern Special with Black Forest Ham. The meats - bacon, Andouille sausage, and Black Forest ham - were especially good, and the pancakes were accompanied by warm syrup. Hot spiced cider was a nice find on the beverage menu. It's a small place but nicely done, with an exposed brick wall adding some character. Would definitely recommend and would stop there again.

• Visited November 2013