“A good, quick and inexpensive lunch.”

Curtis Famous Weiners
Ranked #22 of 105 Restaurants in Cumberland
Charles Town, West Virginia
“A good, quick and inexpensive lunch.”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very good hot dogs and fries, plus a unique local flare, if somewhat 'rustic,' shall we say, and very reasonably price, made for a good, quick lunch for my wife and I. The only I'd change, other than maybe some fresh paint and some spiffing up, would be to take the 'Root' out of the 'Beer!'

Visited November 2012

New Castle, Delaware
“The Ultimate Hot Dog”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was led into this hot dog gem over fifty years ago by my grandfather. Please order a hot dog "with everything". Old time atmosphere and friendly service. They were there to greet our boys when they returned home from WWI in 1919. Now located about 100 feet from the original place in the restored downtown. The very best chili dog !!

• Visited November 2012
cumberland, md
“the best hot dogs youll ever eat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

im from cumberland, md and if i ever leave i will always come home just to eat coney island hot dogs. i get em with everything cept for onions(im not an onion fan) but they are soo tasty i always have to eat 3..i dont get the fries but the fries are tasty as well.the only down fall is they dont have their cherry smash anymore but thats ok i get root beer now. its a tradition to eat hot dogs at curtis and it will be a tradition till i die

• Visited October 2012
maryland
“Chili dog heaven!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Absolutely the best chili dogs on Earth!!!!!!!! We will gladly drive 3 hours for them. My husband once ate 8 plus a half gallon of buttermilk! My family even has them shipped for my uncle's birthday.

1 Thank btuck
Pittsburgh
“A Hot Dog Of a Shop”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I love trying hot dog shops and have been to my share around the country. Found this place on the net and gave it a try. To start with Cumberland is a very nice quiant town and Curtis's adds to the charm. The place is very clean and dressed out with old photos of the area. A definite local hang out much like other hot dog shops that I have been too.

The quality of the dog is excellent and I do believe it was a "Berks Meatpacking" frank, which are good quality dogs. It is lightly fried on a grill surface and served with mustard, diced onions and "Greek style" chili sauce. In comparison to other "Greek style" sauces this lacked a bit of a kick and could have used a tad more of seasoning. But hey.....it's what the locals have been enjoying for generations!

The fries were frozen crinkle cut and sort of no frills. This place is worth a stop especially for a hot dog junkie like myself. Would I stop again.........for sure!

• Visited July 2012