“A Hot Dog Of a Shop”

Curtis Famous Weiners
Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Cumberland
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I love trying hot dog shops and have been to my share around the country. Found this place on the net and gave it a try. To start with Cumberland is a very nice quiant town and Curtis's adds to the charm. The place is very clean and dressed out with old photos of the area. A definite local hang out much like other hot dog shops that I have been too.

The quality of the dog is excellent and I do believe it was a "Berks Meatpacking" frank, which are good quality dogs. It is lightly fried on a grill surface and served with mustard, diced onions and "Greek style" chili sauce. In comparison to other "Greek style" sauces this lacked a bit of a kick and could have used a tad more of seasoning. But hey.....it's what the locals have been enjoying for generations!

The fries were frozen crinkle cut and sort of no frills. This place is worth a stop especially for a hot dog junkie like myself. Would I stop again.........for sure!

1  Thank Steelcityguy

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Coney island style hotdogs. I grew up on Curtises hotdog and love them. My husband will not sleep next to me for a week after a visit to the place because the onions are so strong. But you can watch them put 2 or 3 hotdogs on their arm and dress the buns. Get them with brown mustard, chili sauce, and onions. Yummy, don't forget to try a vanilla coke

1  Thank JonelleAnnapolis
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Upon arriving back in town, following several years overseas, this was the place I wanted to first visit. Weiners and sauce are delicious, but the price has gone up tremendously. I'll still go back!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is really yummy!!! It's one of my favorite places to eat downtown Cumberland. The hotdogs are the best in town. It's been here back when my mom was a teenager and now I'm an adult and it's still here, but that's a good thing and the owner is very nice he sponsors some of the local BMX Races.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I go with a co-worker who does like hot dogs and she loves them. I order fish or a burger. The fish or burgers are okay, cafeteria quality. Folks who love it either love hot dogs or the nostalgic atmosphere.