“A classic German restaurant.”
Review of Warner's German Restaurant - CLOSED

Warner's German Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Warner's was a staple during the 60's and 70's with old fashioned, home made German cusine. It closed for approximately 20 years and was reopened with an expanded menu that includes other popular types of food.

1  Thank Kam J

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was hoping that they would have more authentic German food on the menu and not the Americanized version of German food which is mostly what's on the menu. I asked the waitress if they sell eisbein as it wasn't on the menu and is a German dish. She had no clue what it was. We ordered the chicken schnitzel. I was disappointed with the dish. I have been making chicken schnitzel (from scratch) for years now and have mastered the art...I was expecting better from a German restaurant. I loved the kraut and our desert was also good. The decor was something unusual and most certainly different. I have been to Germany several times (and have German family members) and would not call the food at Warner's authentic German food but close enough with a few dishes left on the menu that resemble their German counter parts.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have family in the area and every time I am in town, we eat there. It may not be as excellent as it was when Fred Warner ran the place years ago, but I was very pleased with the meal we had. If you like authentic german food, this is the place. The decor is very good, great atmosphere, and you do feel like you are in an old time german restaurant. They do have American food on the menu if someone in your party is not into the German food. The deserts are fantastic. Apple Strudel is very good. Pricing is very reasonable. Most meals are under $10. If you are looking for something different with great food and atomosphere, this is the place!

1  Thank jcanberra
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent German cuisine along with some American favorites. Should have reservations!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our 26th Anniversary. We decided to try Warner's for the first time. The food was outstanding. My husband had a perfect steak and I had the Prague stuffed chicken. Everything was wonderful, especially the beesting cake. Can't wait to go back.