“Different to the norm”

Dining options: Reservations
Waldorf, Maryland
“Different to the norm”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was hoping that they would have more authentic German food on the menu and not the Americanized version of German food which is mostly what's on the menu. I asked the waitress if they sell eisbein as it wasn't on the menu and is a German dish. She had no clue what it was. We ordered the chicken schnitzel. I was disappointed with the dish. I have been making chicken schnitzel (from scratch) for years now and have mastered the art...I was expecting better from a German restaurant. I loved the kraut and our desert was also good. The decor was something unusual and most certainly different. I have been to Germany several times (and have German family members) and would not call the food at Warner's authentic German food but close enough with a few dishes left on the menu that resemble their German counter parts.

• Visited September 2011

Highland Village, Texas
“Excellent Authentic German Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have family in the area and every time I am in town, we eat there. It may not be as excellent as it was when Fred Warner ran the place years ago, but I was very pleased with the meal we had. If you like authentic german food, this is the place. The decor is very good, great atmosphere, and you do feel like you are in an old time german restaurant. They do have American food on the menu if someone in your party is not into the German food. The deserts are fantastic. Apple Strudel is very good. Pricing is very reasonable. Most meals are under $10. If you are looking for something different with great food and atomosphere, this is the place!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jcanberra
Maryland
“Fine German restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent German cuisine along with some American favorites. Should have reservations!

Visited June 2012
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our 26th Anniversary. We decided to try Warner's for the first time. The food was outstanding. My husband had a perfect steak and I had the Prague stuffed chicken. Everything was wonderful, especially the beesting cake. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2012
Cumberland, Maryland
“Service is hit or miss”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've only eaten at Warners at lunch time and I've eaten there about 5 times. The portions are large, the food is good and the lunch time prices are reasonable. My husband and I typically split a sandwich and a side. My only complaint is that service is hit or miss.

• Visited June 2012