“Great find near Rocky Gap Resort”
Review of Puccini Restaurant

Puccini Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 107 Restaurants in Cumberland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Puccini Restaurant is located in the historic 1818 Hinkle House which served as a Civil War hospital during the Battle at Folck’s Mill. Famous for its wood fired pizza and its hometown friendliness, diners can select from Puccini’s full lunch and dinner menu. Open Daily 11 am to 10 pm. Free Wireless.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to explore nearby dining options and this was the closest to the hotel. What a find!

The service was friendly and efficient, the pizzas were remarkable and the building was very charming. It's hard to choose a dining area because they were all unique. A table opened up on the patio so we grabbed it, but anywhere would have been fine.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone driving around Cumberland, MD. It's definitely worth the 5-10 minute drive from Rocky Gap and will probably be our best meal during our two night stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had the breadstick appetizer and an individual sized wood oven pizza on my most recent visit. The bread sticks are actually pizza shaped dough smothered in cheese served with a dipping sauce. They would have been quite good, but the edge was far too charred to be OK. The burnt edge crumbled and left a mess on my table and on my pants. The pizza (I believe it was called the Chesapeake was un-noteworthy.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Any time we travel on Interstate 68, we try to arrange our driving schedule so we can stop here for lunch or dinner. The staff does not know us by name, but our last stop would have indicated just that!

We were at the end of a road trip celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary and decided to stop on June 7th for pizza. The pizza is always one of my favorite items to order as no matter which variety we have tried, it is always really good. Also, the Puccini Zuchinni and the Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Dip are outstanding appetizers. I am sad to say I can not comment on too many main course offerings as I find it difficult to get past their pizza we enjoy it so much. We give them 5 stars based on the quality of what we have ordered - in addition to the service we have received.

We have also dined in their basement and it offers a lot of atmosphere, too! Puccini's offers a reasonably priced menu, good food and a fun break from the road.

This was our last stop on a 15 day road trip and it was a wonderful ending. The manager, bar tender and entire staff made us feel so welcome ~ it was like they were celebrating with us. We will continue the turn off of I68 at Exit 46 as we have done in the past ~ it is such a joy to spend time here!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pulled off the highway for dinner in Cumberland, MD, checked Trip Advisor, and decided on Puccini's. We both dined on the special for that evening, which was a gnocci dish. The gnocci was way over cooked and tasted like wall paste, which is what happens when it's cooked too long. My cream of crab soup was very good, but a tad too salty. The diners around us who had the pizza were very pleased, and one remarked that their salad with grilled chicken was very good. Possibly an off night in the kitchen, next time I'm ordering the pizza.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate in the basement where the pizza oven is. My husband has eaten here before and recommended it. The service was great and it was fun to eat downstairs.