“Love the Staff Here - Great Pizza, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Puccini Restaurant

Puccini Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Cumberland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Puccini Restaurant is located in the historic 1818 Hinkle House which served as a Civil War hospital during the Battle at Folck’s Mill. Famous for its wood fired pizza and its hometown friendliness, diners can select from Puccini’s full lunch and dinner menu. Open Daily 11 am to 10 pm. Free Wireless.
VA Beach
“Love the Staff Here - Great Pizza, too!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Any time we travel on Interstate 68, we try to arrange our driving schedule so we can stop here for lunch or dinner. The staff does not know us by name, but our last stop would have indicated just that!

We were at the end of a road trip celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary and decided to stop on June 7th for pizza. The pizza is always one of my favorite items to order as no matter which variety we have tried, it is always really good. Also, the Puccini Zuchinni and the Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Dip are outstanding appetizers. I am sad to say I can not comment on too many main course offerings as I find it difficult to get past their pizza we enjoy it so much. We give them 5 stars based on the quality of what we have ordered - in addition to the service we have received.

We have also dined in their basement and it offers a lot of atmosphere, too! Puccini's offers a reasonably priced menu, good food and a fun break from the road.

This was our last stop on a 15 day road trip and it was a wonderful ending. The manager, bar tender and entire staff made us feel so welcome ~ it was like they were celebrating with us. We will continue the turn off of I68 at Exit 46 as we have done in the past ~ it is such a joy to spend time here!

• Visited June 2013

Milford Square
“Italian in Cumberland”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pulled off the highway for dinner in Cumberland, MD, checked Trip Advisor, and decided on Puccini's. We both dined on the special for that evening, which was a gnocci dish. The gnocci was way over cooked and tasted like wall paste, which is what happens when it's cooked too long. My cream of crab soup was very good, but a tad too salty. The diners around us who had the pizza were very pleased, and one remarked that their salad with grilled chicken was very good. Possibly an off night in the kitchen, next time I'm ordering the pizza.

• Visited July 2013
Marriottsville, Maryland
“unique and good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate in the basement where the pizza oven is. My husband has eaten here before and recommended it. The service was great and it was fun to eat downstairs.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Zucchini fries are delicious and addicting!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We went to Puccini's while visiting family in Cumberland as it is my grandmother's favorite restaurant. She loves their zucchini fries and I know why, they are delicious! Strips of zucchini are beer battered and fried then served with a delicious dipping sauce. Beware, one order is HUGE! I ordered the crab sliders, a daily special. Although they were more like crab balls than sliders, they were flavorful and full of crabmeat. My brother ordered the crab and shrimp pizza and my aunt really enjoyed the portobello panini. All of the food was delicious and the service fantastic! The restaurant is located in an old historic motel, so the space is cramped and rustic. Give it a try!

• Visited July 2013
Ripley, Wv
“Great Father's Day Pizza and salad”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here based on many other TA reviews. Ate in the cellar/bar area. My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the brick oven Con Carne and Aloha pizza. Crust almost like a cracker in spots and we both liked the thin edges. Good house salad and honey mustard dressing. Glad that we stopped in after our round of golf at Rocky Gap.

• Visited June 2013