“Awesome”

Queen City Creamery
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Cumberland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Description: Welcome back to the Queen City Creamery! You will find some old favorites and some new additions that will quickly become favorites! Our family is excited and honored to continue the extraordinary business that was created by Terry and Rick Michels. We will strive to ensure that every visit to the Creamery is a pleasurable one! Our hope is that our customer service, exceptional products, and distinct environment will have you returning again and again!
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Real people and real food! Stopped by for coffee and went back for lunch and dessert. A great experience!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank S B

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Favorite Pit Stop”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have several years of pleasant memories of stopping here as we have passed thru the area on our many trips to the East Coast. Not being fans of the usual interstate / highway rest area food offerings, we like to stop in the small towns and cities along the way and take our chances for something more interesting, which is how we found the "Creamery" about 10 years ago. It is very convenient and fast 'on and off' of interstate 68, with access to good on street metered parking convenient to both the Creamery and the downtown shopping area. You can check out the history of the place on line - so I won't list here.
We always enjoy the ample sandwiches - made to order from a wide selections of Boar's Head deli meats on acceptable bread - which would be better if it were home made. Lunch includes a generous sample cone of either the flavor of the day or standard vanilla, and the featured flavors have never disappointed. The custard type ice cream in itself is worth the stop, and has won several awards. If the weather is good, a stroll around the cute area shops makes for a pleasant stop to stretch the legs.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RoamingRabbit
Terry M, Owner at Queen City Creamery, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Ashland, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We like to walk around Cumberland and this is one of our stops along the way. We enjoy the soups and the coffee bar. We are looking forward to stopping in once the weather gets better so we can enjoy their custard.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank barrettshawn
Thank you for the great review. We look forward to you stopping by again soon.
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Best Frozen Custard”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Whenever I am in Cumberland I try to stop here for their custard and/or their chicken salad sandwich. They have a special frozen custard flavor each day and a mini cone comes complimentary with any meal. I usually end up ordering a full size bowl of the stuff because it's absolutely amazing. The frozen custard shakes are delicious, too - super thick!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jzamostny
Thanks! We are glad you enjoy our custard. We are looking forward to you stopping by again soon!
Cumberland, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going down hill fast”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I ordered baked potato's with sour cream from Queen City Creamery, to go. when i got to work and opened them up they were the size of baby's fists, and the sour cream was everywhere but on the potato. I had paid almost 6 dollars for the potato's...... needless to say, I was less then pleased. I had gone to QCC last year almost every week while they had their baked potato's and I loved them. This year they are tiny and over done. Greatly disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Erinniciole
I am very sorry you were unhappy with the potatoes. I was unaware that the potatoes were smaller than usual. I will certainly check into this myself, and would be happy to replace the potatoes for you on your next visit. Again, my apologies.