TripAdvisor
Crisfield
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Clean with simple rooms. Refrigerator and microwave with TV. No elevator for 2nd floor. Located walking distance of a couple restaurants and water. Nothing going on downtown. Rooster crows every morning in neighborhood. It was hilarious.

Room tip: All rooms dated, but clean. Mattress comfortable.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank travel4me53
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

No wifi, no room phone, no front desk clark after 5, no hot water few minutes after taking shower... that didn't bother me much or would put me in to situation where I could have end up in emergency if I hadn't get out of there middle of night and check in to defferent motel!!
I don't know what they sprayed the room with but I woke up middle of the night coughing my guts out... I noticed strong scent when I checked in earlier yeasterday but I thought it would fade by the time we get back from Cruise to one of the Island and have dinner and all.
we got back arround 9 last night the smell was still pretty strong. took shower went to sleep little after 10 woke up coughing and choking at the same time. I couldn't even get my srlf up and My son quickly got cold water and help me up, went out side and got some fresh air and came back in and went back to sleep again and woke up again caughing and choking again.. I thought may be change bed with my Son might solve the problem but it didn't and this time I was caoghing and choking but I couldn't wake up.. my son was shaking me and went to open door to let some fresh air come in and told me that we need to get out of there otherwise I would it'll it will only get worse and he was afraid that I may be end up in emergency room. We google the motels in Crisfield and found one near by which Somers Cove Motel has 24hour front desk open so I call and they did had room for us so we packed our stuff and checked in at Somers cove Motel well after midnight... The smell of the whatever that was bothering me stayed with me so I out on balcony the breath in some fresh air forva while and went back to sleep and sleep comfortably in to the morning.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

The room was reasonably clean and comfortable but out dated. The bathroom was very small. The room smelled very strongly of air freshener. The shower was lousy. We reserved months in advance and requested an upstairs room but when we arrived at around 9 pm on a Friday night, no one was in the office and a note on the door instructed us to take a lower level room. This would not have mattered if the roudy and noisy folks from the nearby drinking and crab feast were not above. This along with noise from the nearby drive through liquour store made our stay unpleasent. The staff tried to help but the noise didn't stop.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2015

It is a motel in a town that is trying to make an economical comeback. The Paddlewheel is clean and basic, but ambiance, view and amenities are non existent. A single serve coffee pot would certainly help, as there isn't coffee available nearby except at one less than desirable establishment.

Date of stay: October 2015
3  Thank VirginiaTravelersrus
Reviewed August 16, 2015

This motel is centrally located near everything visitors could want. The staff is friendly and very interested in patrons having a good time. The rooms are average but somewhat dark-could benefit from decorating with a color other than brown; bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked extremely well! Refrigerator was a nice touch. No coffee maker-not sure why. Would also suggest some chairs to sit outside on the porch. People watching is a major activity in this town.

Room tip: Room 6 is supposedly the best room. We had it and found it to be quite fine.
Date of stay: August 2015