All reviews rooms are clean making me feel full kitchen comfortable stay the entire staff oatmeal off the highway home away from home bed was comfortable esa kitchenette consistency cleanliness pets maryland
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Attended the Capitol jazz fest with the significant other and stayed for the weekend. Room has kitchenette although the fridge did not work well, we used the freezer and no amenities like showe gel, cap or lotion,and showing some wear, it was clean and beds slept well. The location easy to get to and quiet, safe area. Small plaza nearby with a supermarket,few restaurants and liquor store. Coffee and danish provide daily as breakfast. It served the purpose for price paid.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We are glad you had an overall good stay, and you liked our clean suites, convenient location as well as our complimentary breakfast and also found us to be a fair value. However, we apologize for the maintenance issues you encountered. Your feedback will be shared with the maintenance team for review and action. Please know, the bath amenities you listed are available at the front desk. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again whenever you are in the city.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

The hotel served the purpose of the trip, only needed it for 1 night. When we arrived, we were told there was only 1 ice machine for the whole hotel and it was currently broken but we have a frig with trays to make our own...say what...I understand things break down but really. I was little disappointed there was not a coffee maker already in the room. Apparently you have to ask for it. The bathroom was only stocked with one small shampoo, a small and large soap, thank goodness I took my own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. The beds were a tad hard. Not sure when the last time was the cleaning staff cleaned around the bottom of the toilet. The one office chair was badly stained and there was something splatter on the side of the counter/cupboards. I'm not sure I would return to an Extended Stay America.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Thank you for choosing us for your overnight stay. We are sorry for the issues you encountered and regret the inconvenience it caused. This is not the way we would like our guests to leave with, so your feedback has been discussed with the appropriate team members to improve our future guests’ experiences. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you and your family to revisit us for a much better experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I would not recommend this place. The hallways don't smell good and the atmosphere is unwelcoming. The were two nights during my stay where the fridge/stove/oven/microwave/air-conditioning were all off due to a power-issue in the building. This led to my fridge smelling gross.

Date of stay: September 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Thank you for being our guest. We apologize for the odor issue and are sorry for the unexpected power outage during your stay. Your feedback will be shared with the concerned team to ensure this never happens again. We hope this unfortunate incident does not deter you from choosing us again.

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Reception young lady was very polite and tried her best to be helpful. Our room was filthy. Bathroom especially. Pipes behind toilet leaked non stop. The shower curtain bar was bowed so the curtain stayed in the middle causing a lake. The ac cover was on the floor. The television was broken. There are no ice machines here. Everything is off satellite so you get nothing on a rainy day. No tv, no wifi.Beds are hard as a rock, absolutely no give(my 5yr old was shocked the bed had no bounce when she tried to jump on it behind my back). I do not recommend staying here.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Thanks for being our guest. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered while you were here and regret that we couldn’t deliver a perfect stay of your desire. Your feedback holds a lot of importance as it highlights areas of improvement, so it has been discussed with the concerned individuals in an effort to deliver better service and facilities to our guests moving forward. Counting on your kind generosity to accept our apology, we hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to this area.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

My significant other and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway. Upon arrival, the receptionist never greeted us & remained on the phone the entire time. She rushed us through our check-in process & was not very welcoming. Our room was not leveled, it seemed like it was a bowl. The drawers on the dresser would not shut because it was leaning forward so much, you could even see that they tried to place items under it to level it out. The mattress was terrible! My significant other and I both left with horrible neck and back pain due to the firmness, and online it states that it’s a Queen size bed, but it seemed very small.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank njericurl
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

We sincerely apologize for the poor service you experienced during your stay and that you found our mattress uncomfortable. We wish we had the opportunity to resolve this while you were here, as we would have done our best to make your visit a comfortable one. Also, your feedback with regards to our associate will be used as a training tool to improve our service going forward. We hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service and hospitality you deserve.