WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Nashville, Tennessee
“Terrible room, Checked out immediately”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I booked this hotel online, but was quite disappointed to find the condition of the room considerably less than the pictures showed. There was NO SECURITY LOCK on the door, no blanket, one piece of cracked soap in the bathroom, the furniture was stained and badly damaged and the trim was peeling off the walls. It smelled like a flooded basement. I immediately checked out and requested a refund. The personnel was pleasant and assisted me as I checked out of their hotel and into a neighboring one. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I did not feel safe there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable and we apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed at this location on several occasions. The rooms are always clean and neat, and hotel is always quite. Taylor who works at the front desk is always friendly, respectful, and helpful. I will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nina A
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Nina – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and friendly staff, especially Taylor. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have to stay here because my work requires it. The building is ok but the staff especially the front desk and house keeping are SORRY!!!! My company rents about a third of this hotel and we cant even get clean towels or bedding once a week. We even have to supply our own toilet paper. The breakfast is a muffin, apple, banana that's it. Do yourself a favor spend a few extra bucks for a room in a classier place.

Room Tip: A good room is at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your stay. I apologize that our staff and grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that we have bathroom tissue available at the front desk, should you need it in the future. If you’d like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at ccp@extendedstay.com.

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Aomori, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Overnight stay in January 2014: comfortable, but bare bones. Towels are cheap, no tissues (!), room lighting is minimal, "free" breakfast is packaged and ghetto. I expected more...though it was $30/night cheaper than Marriott's comparable value-priced offerings in the same area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for 4 months for a temporary job. The staff was always so friendly, respectful, and helpful. There was always breakfast available and the hotel has on-site laundry. The location is convenient and near many restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, etc.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jkimdieke
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My visit at the Extended Stay America in Columbia, Maryland was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful in every way. I would not hesitate to stay there again if need be. I hope they know how much they appreciate it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rebecca W
Chesapeake City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at your hotel for 5 days and was tremendously surprised how clean the rooms and lobby were maintained. The staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Veronica who went out of her way to be helpful to us. She should get a special bonus and recommendation because no request was too small or difficult for her. If she didn't know she found out for you. What a professional, but with a southern charm who made you feel welcome and secure!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 100SandiD
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you got to meet Veronica. She is a great person and truly works to make every guest stay be the best. I am also pleased to read that you found the cleanliness of our hotel to your standards.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.