“Good for the price I paid.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive

Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Marbury, Maryland, United States
“Good for the price I paid.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel. Clean but lots of trucks in the parking lot from contractors. Grab n go breakfast is a joke. Lots of food nearby. Location is quiet and clean. Staff was friendly and check in was fast and easy. Kitchen table as a bit sticky but otherwise clean. Only stayed one night and a good value for the price.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Travis W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Levittown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The area was very nice, the hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. Room had a stove, refrigerator, sink. The problem was the a/c did not work, there were no cups, no shampoo, no hair dryer, residual odor from cooking lingered in room and permeated sheets and some lights did not work. The breakfast was continental with only a few choices.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stevent3869
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I recently booked this hotel when I had 2 visit Ellicott City for a funeral. It was already a somber occasion, but the friendly face of George at the front desk even at 1 in the morning on a Friday night after a long drive was refreshing. He was really kind and even hooked me up with a huge room that I didn't originally book. There was a large kitchen with a breakfast bar and two stools , 2 queen beds, a full living room, a huge bathroom, and a large entry area with a giant closet. Considering I only paid $90 a night I was really happy. The room was clean and there was plenty of space. And I got to see George again when I checked out and he was again in a great and friendly mood. I've stayed in everything from fancy five star hotels to crappy little roach motels, and for the price, the service, and room, this is definitely a great value. My only complaint was that they didn't have individual hair dryers in each room and you had to borrow it from the front desk. Not normally a big deal but I didn't realize this until after I had already showered and wasn't yet dressed. Thanks again George!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks you so much for taking the time to write us about your stay with us. We were pleased to see that our staff, especially George, provided you with superior service. We are glad that you had such a positive experience and that you enjoyed your spacious, clean room.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked the hotel during a snowstorm that day without issue. Room was clean, spacious kitchen and bathroom. Nonsmoking room; however smoking rooms are right next door and I could smell the smoke, which was very unpleasant. Since it was snowing, the plows were out late at night and early morning (5:00 am). With the noise of the plow and the noise of the fridge, so I didn't get much sleep, but good to have the sidewalks and paring lit plowed. The front desk staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable. The morning after 8:00 am was quiet. Glad to have shelter from the storm. Breakfast is instant oatmeal, muffins, coffee, apples, oranges, tea and breakfast bars.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Yuma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My experience at this Extended Stay America was good; excellent value for the price I paid. However, the representatives at the 800 number do not know which rooms have which features, so, if you want a room with a dishwasher and/or pull-out sofa, you must ask for a queen deluxe at minimum. When I made the reservation, I was told my room had a dishwasher and when I got there, I learned it did not. The rep on the phone also told me that this hotel had a 24-hour front desk clerk; but it does not. Keep this in mind if you plan on arriving after 11pm. It is still possible to get a room if you do, but the process is easier before 11pm. Since I work nights, and am up most nights I have off and therefore that is when I am doing laundry and going in and out to go to the store or whatnot, I would highly prefer to have a front desk clerk and access to quarters for the laundry 24-7. But again, excellent value for what I paid; and for the price, I probably have no right to complain about anything. The most important thing is the place is clean, the staff is friendly, and everything worked properly.

Room Tip: Queen deluxe rooms have a dishwasher. The lower-numbered rooms (on any floor) have better temperatur...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Shannon G
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Checked in was told the don't give extra pillows only had one blanket was told to go to the front desk to get another blanket he couldn't bring one to my room no ice bucket vending machines way way over priced and limited tv channels won't stay again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The issues you described are unacceptable and our team should is committed to satisfying our guest and making your stay a home away from home. Unfortunately, amenities do vary from site to site and at this present time we do not have an ice machine on property and I sincerely apologize . As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken action to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at cgd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Haymarket, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here on business. The sign said it was now a non smoking hotel, but apparently the 3rd Floor use to be for smokers. However the entire 3rd floor still smells of cigarettes and it is completely overwhelming. The staff was very nice about changing my room to a different floor. The rooms are very big, however the ad states that all the rooms are recently renovated I am not sure if recent means within the last few years. Walls must be very thin because you can hear all the other people staying all around you. Hard to rest with all the noise going on all around your room. i was schedule to stay 5 days checked out after just 2 days. Sorry to say this but I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor! Smells like an big ashtray.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business