“clean safe basic” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“clean safe basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

very friendly welcome at check in, a clean room that was rather basic, good neighborhood, felt safe, lots of wind noise from trees close to the building, easy parking and easy to find

my expectations were met, but not surpassed

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the 3rd floor which was large and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is straightforward and simple hotel. Its not a Hilton and it isn't supposed to be. It is in good shape, it is a great location, and Curtis, the only staff I really interacted with is beyond nice and a great face for the hotel. He could not have been more friendly or nicer.

My only complaint was that although they offer late checkout they latest they would go was noon, only an hour extra. I was hoping for 1.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Chris T
Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

People very nice. Clean, simple, straightforward. No frills. Good value. Shoutout to Alethea who is a big supporter of TripAdvisor. Very quiet commerical area with food and shopping nearby. They care about customer service here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tomvar58
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was especially please to hear the great comments about Alethea. We look forward to being your choice hotel in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had a great experience staying there.The manager Ms. Alethea was great when i needed anything she helped her customer service was great good job.I am planning a trip i will stay there again . Thank you Ms. Alethea

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Omar P
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our customer service met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel weekly for the last six months. The staff is friendly and courteous, especially Curtis and Alethea. The rooms are a good size and clean with a full kitchen. I will continue booking this hotel for my business needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nobikat
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I was most definitely pleased to hear that you enjoy our accommodations and the friendly service. We look for to your future reservations to come in while in town on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in an extended stay. I am now a fan! I felt like i was at home with the bonus of a concierge. Property was clean and quiet. Lots of coffee..(thanks) laundry facility was clean, vending was well stocked continental breakfast was ample. Most hotels have something broken or out of order, I was there for 7 days and everything was working, there were no dissapointments there. We got some snow and they even managed to keep the floors dry and clean from the salt. If you stay here, you will not be dissappointed!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank new1man9
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was so excited to see the wonderful remarks made about the staff and the upkeep of the property. We take pride in out property and welcoming you back in the future will be a joy for us
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My experience at Stay America Columbia Gateway was one of the best stays in a hotel. Ellen checked me in and informed me of the service provided and most of all the safety; Ellen did not realize it, but safety was a big issue for me. The hotel, including the room and common areas was immaculate. I usually bring wipes with me to freshen up the bathroom and kitchen, but it was not at all necessary because it was remarkably clean. I felt like I never left home because everything I needed was available. Other employees – Althea and a tall male (do not know his name) were also very hospitable. I will inform my friends to stay here when they visit the MD/DC area. Sincerely, DeeDee (from Georgia)

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor near the exit. In fact, I informed the staff if available I want the sa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for such a positive review of our hotel. I was especially pleased to see that the Manager Ellen was there to help you with your needs and to make you stay welcoming. We look forward to your business in the future.