“The Best Hotel in the World”

Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 19 days with my family and all I can say is that it is super clean. Not only is it clean but the Personnels are very friendly and accomodating.

Clean towels, clean laundry room and OMG the front desk cafe is so cozy and clean.
I would like also to mention Curtis and Alethea. They are front desk clerks who are so hospitable and they made the guests feel so welcomed .
I do recommend this hotel especially if you are planning an extended stay. My family and i felt so at home we did not want to leave it. The atmosphere is so relaxed and my family and i did not feel harrassed by anyone at all. If you want peace and harmony, this is the place to be.

Curtis went extra mile before picking the hotel to show us the rooms, different types. He took his time to talk to us prior to making a decision on what hotel to pick. He was the deciding factor why we felt that this is the right hotel for us.
Thanks Curtis.

Alethea always had a smile in her face. Reminds of southern hospitality.
Thanks for the service and a good stay!!

I recommend this hotel. Thanks!!!!

Maria G. Jones

Room Tip: the availability of a little kitchen helps cut down price
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our Property. I was thrilled to find out that you not only enjoyed our facilities, but that you found the front desk especially Curtis and Alethea were most helpful. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family is currently booked in this hotel for 19 days while waiting for the availability of the new apartment that we are going to move into. We chose this hotel for its simple but nice and clean atmosphere(newly renovated). The deciding factor was the very accommodating staff, named Curtis who showed us the rooms with new and complete furnishings. He is doing his job pretty well. Our family is very particular with the cleanliness and security of a place and we are not disappointed with what we saw and what we are experiencing at the moment. We are so pampered in this hotel that we cannot imagine how we could go back to our life in an apartment.

1  Thank Maria Cristina E
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended stay America Columbia - Gateway Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am used to staying at larger higher priced chains and I now see how much money I've wasted by not staying at Extended Stay America hotels. But keep in mind, I'm not a picky person. If you want a clean place to lay your head, shower, cook a little, wash clothes, etc., then this is the place at a very reasonable price. If you want all the frilly stuff just to feel importnt, at twice the cost, then you should go across the street. I have to add that I have really enjoyed the front desk staff's attitude. They are all very friendly and helpful with everyone that I have seen, especially Veronica. i dont feel like just anothe number.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room, as the cigarette smell on the third floor will knock you on your ash..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Columbia - Gateway Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have been here close to 2 weeks, staying here while we buy a house. I don't have a single complaint, the building and grounds are kept very clean and the housekeeping staff does a great job. The front desk staff is always cheerful and eager to help. Alethea in particular has been very helpful and patient with our many fax requests. I strongly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am half way through my 5 day stay and could not have selected a better hotel to accommodate me while away from home. Even with a small mix-up while checking in the issue was handled very professionally and promptly corrected by Curtis. He also assisted in getting a food order corrected and delivered. The next day the same attributes were displayed by Alethea when providing assistant with my needs. Both were instrumental with giving directions to an out-of-towner with his first visit to Columbia. If any of this STAFF ever visits Alabama, I hope their stay will be as pleasant as mine has been. The price per night was also great... Mike L.

Room Tip: The price per night was also great...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My family and I stayed here for almost 60 days while waiting to close on a house. The newly renovated room was nice. The pet friendly policy is great too! The associates are very friendly and helplful. All associates including Alethea, Curtis, Cveta, George and Helen. I would recommend staying here even if it's for a night or two.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have been in this hotel for almost 3 months now and we love it! The staff is very friendly...every morning Alethea gets (if they're available) my 2 year old a chocolate muffin (her favorite!) we will Definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia - Fort Meade
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Gateway Drive? Share your experiences!