“Expensive and I was hungry 2 hrs later”

Aida Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 269 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We are open for both lunch, dinner & have a vibrant Happy Hour with most wine, beer, mixed drinks & appetizers available at up to 40% off regular prices. We have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

ok, I had the same choices as the reviewer on july 20, I had the PEI Mussels and the were good, as were the squash blossoms, my entree should have been titled Scallop, Shrimp, and Mussels: 1 scallop, 2 shrimp and 3 Mussels over overcooked linguine that was clumped together from sitting in the strainer too long. For a place that notes its make its pasta fresh I was sorely disappointed. My daughter had the seared Scallops (3 of them) and they were of the highest quality, over risotto and the risotto was very good; her appys were the Gnud (aweful) and the crab/corn soup which was good. Shocking to me was the serving of cold bread and olive oil; I eat out often and in New York all restaurants in this price range serve warm bread together with olive oil, eggplant caponata, or a puree of grilled vegetables to dip the warm bread, also in New York a variety of olives is served to complement the meal. anyhow, 2 hours later my daughter asked if I was as hungry as she was because the servings were so small at dinner. Will I return to Aidas, No way....

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good. Had the homemade linguini and flat bread. The service from Kathy made the night perfect. She effortlessly handled all our questions and affirmed our selections with a convincing "you'll love that." Such a refreshing experience!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have traveled a lot and have had a variety of foods worldwide. The meal my wife an I experienced last night was wonderful. We did the the prix fixe menu so that we could experience a variety of things. Our server Jo Ann did a superb job explaining everything on the menu to us and that enree portions would be smaller. We had the the PEI mussels and after I was done I wanted to drink the roasted poblano broth. We also had the fresh squash blossoms which we cooked with a light tempura. Outstanding and something new. You could tell they were farm fresh. We also had the Arugula salad which was also wonderful and then we had the caprese salad. The tomatos were not store bought and the truffle sauce and balsamic were just right. For entrees I had the seared day boat dry scallops. Now I am from Maine and I know a little about fresh seafood. This was BY FAR the BEST scallops I have every eaten. I sear was just right, the scallops melted in your mouth. Pure Perfection. My wife had the Scallops, shrimp and mussels on homemade Linguine. That was also outstanding. We constantly were comparing our meal to some of the meals we had a couple of months ago on a trip to Paris. Jo Ann our server was so attentive and engaging. She was wonderful. Oh and we topped the meal off with a white chocolate creme brulee. I love creme brulee and usually you can taste a bit of a burnt flavor on the top. Not for this. It was cooked to perfection. We also had a chocolate terrine with salted carmel. It was also wonderful. And mixing a bite of each was like heaven. I can't say enough good things about this place. The food and the service were outstanding. The wine list was good. One of my top 5 meals ever. I will be back for sure.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been here several times now and each time has been nothing short of wonderful. Stopped by to try the restaurant week menu and was very happy with all of my selections. They are now making their own mozzarella in house and it's fantastic. The portions were perfect for all three courses and the chocolate terrine was such a great end to the meal.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great portions (Small per American standards); home made pasta, sustainable, locally sourced food items. I was concerned to order the special (Scallops and pasta) but it was a reasonable portion and I ate without guilt. Very large selection of wines by the glass.