“Went for after work drinks and stayed for dinner”

Aida Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Aida Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 175
Description: AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar specializes in classic Italian favorites as well as an eclectic mix of non-traditional entrees & small plates from a variety of culinary & cultural backgrounds. Our FARM 2 TABLE initiative continues to feature locally produced items in our menus from local farms and producers. We are open for both lunch, dinner & have a vibrant Happy Hour with most wine, beer, mixed drinks & appetizers available at up to 40% off regular prices. We have installed a new Wine on Tap System with 30 Wines on Tap. Our Wine on Tap System is the largest in Maryland and second largest in the U.S!
Marietta, Georgia
“Went for after work drinks and stayed for dinner”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I took some colleagues out for a holiday drink. My first trip to Aida - and it won't be my last. Yummy wines on tap. Bar appetizers were different and delicious. Everyone loved the smoked salmon on flatbread. It's served warm.

A few of us stayed for dinner on this rainy night. The restaurant was busy even on a Monday evening. We opted for the daily special which was a braised pork shank that had been cooking all day. It was served with mushroom risotto. No knife was needed. Yum!

I will be back!
Pluses - extensive wine list, wine on tap, fixed price menu if you are hungry, delicious food, and attentive service.
Cons - none

• Visited December 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Restaurant in Columbia”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Whats not to love -- The owner sends me emails weekly on specials and whats going on in the restaurant as they often have live entertainment. Home made pasta .... fresh veggies ... seafood is brought in each day fresh.. wonderful service ... this restrauant knows how to do it from top to bottom -- Little expensive but understandable with the quality of both the employees and the food. Will always be a monthly staple for us to visit -- Love the new location as well -- very classy and much better parking

Beavercreek, Ohio
“Wonderful.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stopped here alone for a snack and some wine. What a beautiful little place, elegantly decorated for the holidays. I was greeted warmly, and the bartender was both friendly and helpful. I tried the smoked duck flatbread - it was absolutely delicious! And I enjoy that they offer so many wines by the glass!! My only suggestion for future improvement: For a wine bar with so many selections, I had hoped to see more international old-world style wines (French, Italian); but perhaps these do not match the clientelle's needs.

Visited December 2012
Highland, Maryland
“Still vey good, best Italian in Howard County”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We visited again and it is still very good. Prix Fixe at $40 is a good deal with two appetizers and smaller main dish. However there is much to choose from. My daughter raves about the Eggplant Parm. Spaghetti with meatball is outstanding. We always get a quart of red sauce to go for about $10. Wine selection is good but tend to be pricey .

Columbia, Maryland
“Superb service, delicious food & GREAT wine!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went there this past Saturday for our weekly date night. I had been skeptical about going there because of everything that I had heard over the past couple of years. Mainly, I'd heard that while the food & wine were good, it was very expensive and would leave you hungry. Not to mention the fact that I have a very picky eater (my husband) and he's a 'healthy' boy -- so it takes a lot to get him full & satisfied. But, he chose the restaurant...and while yes, we did spend approx $180 (includes tip) for two salads, two entrees, two desserts and a bottle of wine -- we thoroughly ENJOYED it!! I would keep an eye on Groupon or Living Social for a coupon...or if they have any other specials. I loved the "farm to table" concept...and our server was great. We did not have resverations but they seated us at a high top which we later learned was Mama Aida's own personal table. It's a perfect spot for a special occasion or date night...just keep in mind it can get a little pricey for a full 3-course dinner plus drinks. The icing on the cake was that as a fellow Chicago Bears fan my husband noticed a Bears statue behind the bar. Come to find out the owners were from Glenview, IL. Mary & Joe (the owners) were awesome...so welcoming and down to earth and Mary helped us go over menu and make sure that my husband would not go hungry! We're definitely going back as soon as we can.