“awsome!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Baltimore, Maryland
“awsome!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This hotel is an excellent location and I was astounded by the comfort. The rooms were immaculate and thanks to the advance work of Lynn and Charlotte the front desk check-in process was very friendly, professional, and efficient. If I had any questions about nearby attractions, Tracy was quick to provide answers. I am in the Army serving as a regional trainer and I have been involved with several conferences. The staff at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center was extremely proficient. Sharon from the sales office was so helpful. I had a very specific request that was quite a challenge, I can remember one of the hotel staff members explaining to me why he was not going to be able to accommodate the request, before I could say anything Sharon said now that we have all the reasons that we can’t do it, let’s start figuring out how we can do it. Long story short the task was complete. Kim Roszel, is a phenomenal representative for this hotel. She makes everything happen. I have never met a more professional sales manager in my entire career. I wish that she could be responsible for every one of my events in every state. Finally the banquet, the food and staff were more than appropriate. We didn’t ask for much but the service provided made what we top notch. I would advise anyone considering a banquet or training even of any type to consider this location for the staff alone. Awesome experience!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Thank you for your recent visit to our beatiful hotel and glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to serving you again in near future.

All the best,
Orkun Aydin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I am a member of the US Army and we have used this hotel several times for some very large conferences, the entire staff at the hotel has met all our needs and expectations every time. The room accommodations are nice and comfortable, the restaurants and food are great too.
If you need to hold a conference at a hotel...this is the place.
We would like to personally thank Kim R., Sharon, Lynn, Tracey, Charlotte of the Sales office as well as the banquet staff...ALL of you guys "ROCK"!!!!
Hooah!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with other viewers as I truly appreciate it. We take great pride in guest service at our hotel and happy that we exceeded your expectations.

Once again thank you. I will ensure that your comments are shared with my entire staff so that we can recognize especially the individuals who went above and beyond to serve you.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I'm a seasoned traveler - this place is the PITTS. The SERVICE STAFF have a major attitude problem. And my co-workers and customers are saying the same thing. The rooms smell, I've been in 4 different rooms since staying at this hotel and they all smell bad. On the first night, that I stayed here I found a dirty wash cloth with a brown streak running across it. Then 2 of the 3 bath towels had stains on them. On the second visit, all the electrical plugs had been unplugged and the lamp was broken in the room. It took the staff 4 hours to get me a wireless connection - Problem, they entered my name incorrectly into the system. And here's a good one, the hotel boasts about how they are allergy free. Well one night, I got cold and accidentally hit the heat button...the entire room filled with smoke due to the amount of dust that had collected within the air conditioner - How can you be allergy free if you don't periodically clean your air conditioning units? The Smoke was so bad that I had to open my hotel door for an hour before I could go back to sleep. Which brings me to the carpets - do they ever get cleaned at this hotel? - Let's talk price, this place charges you for everything: Water in room-$5.00 dollars per bottle, Internet access is not free, and if you want anything from their mini-store - OH my God, Bend Over! $25 dollars per day to get a refrigerator in your room. Take your Business elsewhere!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hkbdeals
I appreciate your candid review and will use them to better ourselves. It is truly not the norm, nor indicative of type of service we pride ourselves at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel. We have a lot of guests that enjoy their stay and become very loyal to us as well due to great service received.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and would like to make things right. If you would please give me a call at 410-423-8912, I would appreciate it so that we can further discuss your stay. I really would hope that you will give us another chance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Berg en Dal, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 4, 2010

WOW,perhaps the worst staff on the planet at the front desk..rude,brash,arrogant,and racist are all accurate descriptive terms that come to mind.i have never before in my life stayed somewhere that was so terribly displeasureable.i would rather spend a week in hell than one day at columbia sheraton.do yourself a favor,stay ANYWHERE else than here.the lcation is nice,that is a given...but you would be better off going out and pitching a tent by the lake and snuggling up to some perturbed geese than rooming here.and chances are the geese have better manners.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank HERESTHEDEAL
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
My sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations when you stayed with us. If you would please contact me at 410-423-8912, I would love to discuss with you to see what occured so that not only I can address the issues you may have had and also perhaps make it up to you.

We appreciate your business and hope that you would give us another chance. I look forward to hearing from you.

My best regards,
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2010

When we considered booking a hotel in Columbia, MD for our extended family from Michigan's visit for the 'Rock The Bells' Music Festival at Merriweather Post Pavilion, we knew we wanted the best in quality, service, convenience and beauty. We experienced all that and more at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel! The outdoor environment, including the view from inside the hotel of the walking path and Lake, was simply pristine. Walking into the hotel, our senses were greeted by a light refreshing breeze of an aromatherapy mix of fresh flowers and what I now like to describe as happiness. At the front desk the associates, Shirlyne and Mia, provided such professional, considerate and helpful customer care. Our rooms were comfortable, stylish and kid friendly. Finally, the Brunch at the Waterside Restaurant was absolutely decadent with posh seating, a delicious selection of everything from homemade country breakfast, freshly made personal omelets and belgian waffles to freshly roasted and carved turkey, seafood, gourmet desserts and more! In addition, the staff was so accommodating and gracious in providing us with everything needed for an enjoyable dining experience. Our walk to the Festival was easy and fun and our check-out the following day was just as efficient and professional as our check-in.
Thank you Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel and Associates for a very memorable experience! We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words and taking the time to recognize our wonderful service especially provided by Mia, LA and Shirlyne. I will share your review with them and other managers as well to recognize our associates.

We appreciate your business and loyalty. Look forward to serving you again in near future.

Best wishes,
London
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The Sheraton is located in a nice, quiet, peaceful setting - with a lake running behind it. The staff are very polite/courteous and accomodating (special mention to Mia & L.A.) The rooms are spacious, the bathroom clean and the bed...too comfortable! There is a large shopping mall across the main road, a selection of restaurants and of course..that lake! A fantastic place to sit and gather your thoughts, or just relax. There is both an inhouse bar and restaurant and wifi is available - free of charge. I will definately be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to shere your wonderful experience with other viewers. We certainly appreciate it. I am glad that both Mia and LA exceeded your expectations and I will ensure that they get recognized for a job well done.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in near future.

Best regards,
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The service was exceptional! The front desk staff was very friendly and always helpful. The shuttle service was excellent as well. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The location was central to many restaurants and even the mall. For staying in Columbia, MD you really couldn't ask for anything more in a hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
I thank you for your kind words and glad that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to having you as our guest again.

My best regards,