“Better options around - overpriced”

Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Not a bad location on main street Colombia (though the area is returning to being empty, lots of places closing up).

Got a good rate, but you have to pay for everything else, for example bottled water is 2.50, bag of nuts 4.00. Normal for a Sheraton I guess, but not sustainable given the amount of hotels nearby. Restaurant (main street, one of two) ok food but overpriced again. Do people really still charge for Wifi nowadays - this place does, 9.95$/day.

Service was a little 'sterile' on check-in, trying to be too business like.
The building is lovely, but I felt the inside was an uncomfortable mish-mash of old and new, a clean but boring renovation. No bath - shower only. Everything was clean.

Corridors are far too noisy - the doors block out no noise so you hear everything going on around you.

The upstairs bar with panoramic 'stunning' views was basically a balcony with views of offices, but hey, you can't bash them for trying. Pretty much older hotel guests only there when I stayed.

Valet parking is $18/night - there is a municipal park in an alley just to the Easy which was supposed to be a max of $10/night though I only ended up paying $3, was free at weekends too. If you are capable of walking 100 yards, I'd use that and save the cash.

In sum - sound business hotel though not competitive - friends stayed and the Marriott next door and that was better all round (room size/facilities/price). They need to realise that it's the extras/service that makes a good hotel, not the building or brand.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Gordonl
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

I truly appreciate your candid review and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I would hope for you to please give me a call as I would like the opporturnity to further discuss your concerns.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2010

I stay at the Columbia Sheraton quite often for business. They have a great gym, newly renovated rooms and a great staff. They are always friendly and accomodating. Requests or special needs are always met with a quick response and a great attitude.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2010

Thank you so much for your comments as we appreciate it. I took the liberty of sharing your wonderful comments with my staff as well.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2010

This is a perfectly fine hotel, but nothing special. The exterior is not new, but the lobby and rooms seem to have been fairly recently renovated. The room was pretty standard, but I was on the side facing the parking garage and the mall, not the side that faces the lake (which looked very nice), so my shades were closed pretty much the entire stay.

There is a charge for internet access in your room, but there are a half-dozen computers in the lobby that you can use for free. I couldn't figure out how to log on to them at first, but the front desk staff was perfectly happy to help me out. The couple of staff members I interacted with were all as helpful as could be, and cheerful too.

Overall this was a perfectly pleasant stay, but nothing amazing.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback of our hotel. We truly appreciate it.

I will also share your wonderful comments with my staff.

It will be our pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

I'd planned a pre-holiday trip to Maryland, to visit friends, and choose this hotel because of it's location. It was a central meeting spot for all. But I didn't realize how convenient a location it was, until I needed to purchase a few amenities I'd left at home. The clerk on duty at the time was very helpful. His name was LA McKnight and he suggested the mall across the street. I had no idea there was a mall. I was able to get what I needed and a few extras. Instead of friends cooking dinner for me, we had dinner out and caught a movie. My stay was very pleasant. If I had any questions or needed anything for my room, I'd ask LA. He was always polite,and quick to respond. Next time I'm in town, I'll be sure to block a room at the Sheraton Columbia. Clean, friendly staff, and great location.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. You are absolutely correct that we are at a wonderful location with a lake in the back that provides a great scenary and the mall cross the street. Also centrally located between Baltimore and DC.

Thank you also for recognizing one of our associates, LA. I will make sure to share your response with him as well.

We appreciate your business and your wonderful comments.

Look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

The staff was outstanding (especially the front desk) , incredibly accommodating and helpful. The room was large, refurbished, the work space excellent., and the fitness center well-equipped and modern. An additional plus is the location of being across the street from the mall. Highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

I thank you for your wonderful comments which will be shared with our staff. We take great pride of Serving our Guests as it is our top priority.

We look forward to having the opporturnity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have been traveling here since 2004. Recently renovated. Even before when it was old and yucky, I kept returning because of the friendly and professional service. Great restaurants within walking distance too. And the mall is across the street.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

be careful if u stay here with ur credit card they like to get charge happy, i found a charge of $136.18 on my account that i had no idea where it came from i called my bank and they said it was the sheraton that i had to stay at over the weekend to attend a wedding. the service sucked. wouldnt stay there again but the lake was pretty.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
oaydin, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2009

I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for letting us know about your experience will at the Sheraton Columbia Town Center. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we learn of our shortcomings and where our associates need more training.
I would ask that you contact myself at the hotel, so that we may find a resolution to the billing issue.
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to make this issue right.