Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
ExtendedStay
$194
$143
GardenInn.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$137
$161
Courtyard
$149
$152
$143
$119
Columbia Inn at Peralynna(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$115
$99
All reviewswhole foodsthe club loungewaterside restaurantwalking pathparking garageview of the lakehotel barcolumbia town centerfront desk staffclose proximitymerriweather post pavilionexcellent customer servicemalltyronebellmanterrybebe
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was really amazed at the hotel after reading some people wrote yes it was pricey but the room we had was real large on the first floor .but it was clean. Up to date Came in an out all night long the group I was with was rather loud .The buffet was alittle high priced but the food was good and hot .The staff was really friendly and helped in anyway they could ,Had a sick friend(hung over) in the room. I asked if I could bring back some fruit for her .and was told no problem.As for stink bug did not see any bugs. The grounds around the hotel was real nice with a lake and walking path.as for the walk to the event it was no problem .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for writing about your experience at the property - we are glad you emjoyed your stay and hopefully the fesitval as well. I will pass along your comments to our food and beverage associates - I am sure they will appreciate. Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel would be average at best, decor is dated, roof leaking in lobby, etc. But the real issue is the stink bugs in the room. Two nights in a row, I see bugs crawling on the ceiling, does not make for a good nights sleep... When I checked out, person at the front desk wasn't surprised of my complaint, she says "oh yes, those are stink bugs". Ok, thanks for identifying the type of bug in the room, but WHY are there ANY bugs in the room?? She eventually offered to take $25 off the bill, was hoping for more but whatever. The Manager came over, offered his apology and explanation of "they are in the area and tough to get rid of". Really, try harder? Won't be staying there, and question the quality of the Sheraton brand going forward.

On the bright side, I ordered room service one night and it was really delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your input and concerns with the property - we, along with all hotels and buidlings on the East Coast, have been working very hard on mitigating the population of 'stink bugs'. We certainly do not accept them and take any citing serious. I am happy that room service met your expectations and only hope that you will give us another chance on a future visit. Thank you.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had read some reviews of this hotel before arrival and was kind of dreading our night there - lots of people going on and on about stink bugs - not sure what they are but didnt sound good!
Anyway got there and staff were quite friendly and helpful and although it did take some time did get my rooms sorted a little earlier than expected. Guest laundry and internet good and quite a good location.
Nice (man made?) lake behind the hotel with path alongside it which was nice and very close to what was apparently a pretty good mall - I was out riding my bike and again pretty good location for that.
Didnt make it to the bar or restaurant but the standard of the hotel was pretty good and would use again...

Room Tip: We were in the lodge and rooms ok - tower night be better but cant confirm that
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about the property - glad you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area. Hopefully on a future stay you will be able to experience the outlets - our great Sheraton Social Hour - and the mall. Looking foward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Management and front desk service was extremely poor. I had left my phone charger at the hotel and called to confirm they had it and the time I could come by to pick it up. Drove 40 minutes at the confirmed time only to find that they had locked it in a safe and the only person with access to it would be available the next morning, and told me to come back again.

I asked if they could mail it to me and they said they weren't sure and would have to get back to me. Waited. No call. Called the hotel multiple times and still could not get a yes or no regarding sending it by mail. They still expected me to drive 40 minutes back to the hotel. Horrible service from the night desk person - she was not remotely helpful. Finally, a friend who was in the area offered to swing by to pick it up on the way back.

The hotel room itself was satisfactory but management is so much better at the BWI locations (Westin, Sheraton and Four Points at BWI).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about the situation with your phone - I will review this with the staff. Hopefully you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went here for business spent only one day. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and the lunch we had during the seminar was very good. The setting is nice as well there is a small lake in the back of the property with a board walk type dock that you can walk about a quarter mile along the lake was very nice.

I believe this hotel is used more for business it's not like you would travel here for a vacation possibly to stay when traveling by. I would recommend this hotel met all my expectations.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the associates and dining experience. I will share these comments with our associates. Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.