Courtyard Marriott was recently updated and has a very modern, clean look to it. We've been staying in the area for a while for work, and after trying several other hotels, settled on Courtyard Marriott. It's sort of a new breed of hotels that has fewer offerings, but does them well - I'd compare it to a Hyatt Place.
- Free wireless internet and free parking
- The lobby is very swanky/modern and the cafe is right in the middle. There are plenty of great areas to relax, work or grab a bite. The food is affordable and very tasty. Great breakfast selections as well and everything is prepared fast.
-. The fitness center is open 24 hours a day
- Convenience shop with snacks, frozen foods (there is a microwave there too), toiletries, etc. that is open very late
- Modern rooms with great splashes of color, flat screen TVs and expanded channel line up. The rooms were clean, everything was fully stocked, etc. Most rooms also have a small fridge
- Close to restaurants, shopping, etc. There's a steak house within walking distance
- The staff is very friendly and helpful. Check in is fast, no hassles there
CONS (no major cons really, but just some things to note):
- there is no room service. Their staff is somewhat limited, so if you call down for something (like a blow dryer), it may take a while to get it
- no movie rentals through the TV
- the beds are somewhat uncomfortable, but not terrible. The worst part was the very thin blanket that barely kept me warm. I started requesting a second one to be brought to my room.
Overall, a great affordable hotel. There are a few flaws, but they get the majority of things right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Columbia hotel is located near the Columbia Business Park and in close proximity to Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). This suburban Baltimore hotel is convenient to downtown Baltimore; the Baltimore Convention Center, Ravens football stadium, Baltimore Inner Harbor, and Camden Yards. In addition, the Courtyard Columbia hotel is situated between Columbia Pike/Route 29 and Interstate 95, providing easy access to both the University of Maryland and Washington DC. Designed for the business traveler, yet inviting for all, Courtyard Columbia knows what is important to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Columbia Courtyard
- Columbia Marriott