All reviews stanford grill free dessert typical courtyard front desk nice lobby guest rooms first floor clean hotel business travel would stay here again fitness center king bed tv gps hairdryer meeting closet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

We were here for a quick one night stay. Check in was very quick and Jacob at the front desk was very personable The hotel seems a little bit older but we found our room to be clean and comfortable. Average size room and the beds also very comfortable. They do have a decent pool and the temperature was nice, my grandson really enjoyed the pool.
We ate at the hotel restaurant, which does have a limited menu. All three of us had the quesadillas which were pretty good.
Overall happy with hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2019

I stayed at the courtyard Columbia in Columbia MD one night - my flight was delayed and I arrived almost 11pm and they were great! They helped me find a place that delivered online food, courteous, rooms clean and quiet. When my coffee machine did not work that morning before I had to leave they made some for me downstairs in the lobby! Highly recommend and I would say great service! Having stayed in a lot of hotels I would recommend this one based on my experience!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Stayed here 1 night for a work trip. Hotel was decent. Rooms were outdated, but I think they are being upgraded. Price was a bit high for a Thursday night in Columbia Maryland, but room was clean and easy to get to. If need be, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
ColumbiaCourtyardMD, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

Dear WillPhill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us at the Courtyard Columbia. I am happy to hear that our team was able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room during your stay. Hearing that one of our guests is happy to return to the property is a great way to start the day!

Again, thank you for your honest feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2019

Similar to other Courtyards, with large rooms, a nice lobby & plenty of parking. There are 2 problems: 1.) The hotel is hard to find & would suggest you very carefully follow Mapquest directions or use a GPS (signage is non-existent); 2.) Some staff is undertrained & do not know basic routines like how to handle a cash register. Be patient because it is a nice choice.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here. It was an average hotel with a fridge and a bathroom etc. upon leaving in the AM, $$ was stolen from my car. The front desk not only laughed at me at first, but then a manager later confirmed this had been an issue in the past and they have no cameras. No compensation or follow up was offered. We will never be staying here again and will warn our friends because usually when it’s a “reoccurring issue,” it’s an employee and since they think it’s so funny, I wouldn’t be surprised. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ColumbiaCourtyardMD, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

On behalf of the staff and management of the Courtyard Columbia I would like to express my deepest regrets for your most recent experience. I can only imagine the frustration at leaving the hotel and realizing that your vehicle had been tampered with.

We will be investigating which associate failed to show compassion and understanding regarding your situation as that is the norm for our team nor is it in any way, shape or form indicative of the culture that we try to create here at the hotel. We will also be investigating who stated that this was a recurring issue as my leadership team was not on property and this is also something that is not accurate.