“Absolutely fantastic!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Jerusalem
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton in Columbia for 4 nights in February. From the minute we checked in, the staff was extremely helpful and polite. We needed an extra mattress in the room for a one-year old infant and a refrigerator to store his food, and they were provided within ten minutes. The room was very big and well kept-up. The pool was very enjoyable. Any question I had about highway directions, location of stores, etc. was answered immediately. The whole experience was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased we could be your home away from home for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was very pleased with the service and the venue at Hilton Columbia. Due to the weather I was unable to check out the location before the event. However, Janet Praiid and staff did a wonderful job of capturing just what I need for a memorial event for Betty Mae Davis.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased we could make your event a success, and we look forward to working with you again the future!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

The Hilton saved our Baby Shower for my son and daughter-in-law. The Hilton really delivered a solution for us.. With back-to-back monster snow storms we had to cancel our baby shower two times with a third time possibly in the wings, much to our frustration and disappointment. On a whim I went to the Hilton to see if they had any rooms/space for us to consider for the shower. I thought the rooms would probably be to large, not available or to costly. Boy, was I wrong! I spoke with Ms. Janet Praid, Director of Catering, and she, in a moment solved all my problems and gave us a wonderful solution. She was fantastic to work with. Very kind, professional and knew just what would work and was very accommodating. We got our day we wanted, the "Hospitality Suite" for the baby shower room and the cost was incredibly reasonable and affordable. It's also nice and a huge plus to work with a place in your own community with people that know and understand the community as well. I would recommend this Hilton to anyone for any occasion.

• Stayed February 2010
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased to know we could make this event happen for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any room nights or event space in the future.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

During a recent snow storm I lost power in my nearby home. I made a reservation at this hotel and then hiked 2 miles thru drifts to get there. When I arrived, the front desk could not have been more helpful and accomodating, understanding what I just went thru to get there. The hotel put up their staff in rooms during the storm for the weekend so their customers could be taken care of. Not only are the hotel amenities A+ , but the service was great ,and staff went out of their way to assist not only myself, but the business travellers who were stranded there as well as numerous locals who quickly filled up the bar/restaurant area. Of particular note was "Christine" who works in the bar/restaurant area.Christine was not only friendly and professional, but went way out of her way to take care of a growing crowd as the night went on. Thank you Christine for making an otherwise miserable day great thru your professionalism and concern for your guests.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased we could take care of you during the storm. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Albany GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were stranded at this Hilton during the Blizzard of 2009. The staff went out of their way to provide us with excellent service. The Dining staff were WONDERFUL- kind and smiling and welcoming! We were very pleased with our stay- unexpectedly lengthy though it was- and would certainly visit them again!

We are disappointed that we weren't offered a special rate but the usual rate was pretty reasonable. The Christmas decorations were very sparse but the pool and spa were clean. The food in the restaurant was good (especially the Crab Benedict!!).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

If you saw this on Yelp, I am the owner of that review and am posting this on TripAdvisor. This Hilton is pretty nice. It's got a free business center, a great workout room (w/ free mini-bottle waters) and a pool & hot tub. A nice, affordable restaurant is located next to the lobby and it's huge atrium, which is about 4/5 floors high (some of the rooms look into the atrium, which was surprisingly not bothersome at all); the breakfast buffet at the restaurant was delicious. The fitness center (workout room) had the equipment with those little flat screen TVs attached to the machine itself (which I really liked!). This hotel was probably built in the early 90s, but the rooms and lobby, restrooms and restaurant have definently seen some modernization, although I was a little disappointed by the stuffiness, no background music, and overall lonely and old-looking locker rooms that adjoined the indoor pool area (but I didn't have any problems with the pool or hot tub, which were very clean). Free, close parking and the quiet location were nice (it's sort of nestled in the back of a forest-village type of residential neighborhood, but in a safe location) and were definently a plus! As Michele D. said, it's not within walking distance of anything. We were here for a wedding, and I think that this was a very nice, modest & conveniently-located hotel. I think that the 90's atrium, plant and flower feeling complimented the modern touches very well and would very much stay at this hotel again! Thanks, Hilton. :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

I stay here one day every month. When I check in they know me by name, They call me later in the evening (after I check in) to make sure alI my needs are met and to check to see if i need a wake up call. They have a friendly bar and restaurant and there is a full breakfast menu to order from. If you are looking for a place to stay that is an extension of home this is the place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business