All reviewsdouble treecookiesfront deskgreat hotelrestaurant staffshuttle servicetucked awaybreakfast buffetfitness centerbusiness tripbed was very comfortablelobbymdatriumwalgreensweddingconcert
Reviewed February 12, 2010

During a recent snow storm I lost power in my nearby home. I made a reservation at this hotel and then hiked 2 miles thru drifts to get there. When I arrived, the front desk could not have been more helpful and accomodating, understanding what I just went thru to get there. The hotel put up their staff in rooms during the storm for the weekend so their customers could be taken care of. Not only are the hotel amenities A+ , but the service was great ,and staff went out of their way to assist not only myself, but the business travellers who were stranded there as well as numerous locals who quickly filled up the bar/restaurant area. Of particular note was "Christine" who works in the bar/restaurant area.Christine was not only friendly and professional, but went way out of her way to take care of a growing crowd as the night went on. Thank you Christine for making an otherwise miserable day great thru your professionalism and concern for your guests.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
rlubinski, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2010

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased we could take care of you during the storm. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were stranded at this Hilton during the Blizzard of 2009. The staff went out of their way to provide us with excellent service. The Dining staff were WONDERFUL- kind and smiling and welcoming! We were very pleased with our stay- unexpectedly lengthy though it was- and would certainly visit them again!

We are disappointed that we weren't offered a special rate but the usual rate was pretty reasonable. The Christmas decorations were very sparse but the pool and spa were clean. The food in the restaurant was good (especially the Crab Benedict!!).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2009

If you saw this on Yelp, I am the owner of that review and am posting this on TripAdvisor. This Hilton is pretty nice. It's got a free business center, a great workout room (w/ free mini-bottle waters) and a pool & hot tub. A nice, affordable restaurant is located next to the lobby and it's huge atrium, which is about 4/5 floors high (some of the rooms look into the atrium, which was surprisingly not bothersome at all); the breakfast buffet at the restaurant was delicious. The fitness center (workout room) had the equipment with those little flat screen TVs attached to the machine itself (which I really liked!). This hotel was probably built in the early 90s, but the rooms and lobby, restrooms and restaurant have definently seen some modernization, although I was a little disappointed by the stuffiness, no background music, and overall lonely and old-looking locker rooms that adjoined the indoor pool area (but I didn't have any problems with the pool or hot tub, which were very clean). Free, close parking and the quiet location were nice (it's sort of nestled in the back of a forest-village type of residential neighborhood, but in a safe location) and were definently a plus! As Michele D. said, it's not within walking distance of anything. We were here for a wedding, and I think that this was a very nice, modest & conveniently-located hotel. I think that the 90's atrium, plant and flower feeling complimented the modern touches very well and would very much stay at this hotel again! Thanks, Hilton. :)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I stay here one day every month. When I check in they know me by name, They call me later in the evening (after I check in) to make sure alI my needs are met and to check to see if i need a wake up call. They have a friendly bar and restaurant and there is a full breakfast menu to order from. If you are looking for a place to stay that is an extension of home this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We frequent the Hilton Columbia ( Maryland ) because the people, the rooms, the facilities, and the food are outstanding. Our first visit was in November 1994 when our daughter and son-in-law were honored at a so-called "rehearsal dinner"--though no one needed to rehearse for the superior food, setting, and service.

Over the years, we have stayed in sparkling, spacious, and quiet rooms whenever special occasions have brought us to Columbia, Maryland. We host our grown son and our out-of-town guests at Morgan's Restaurant for marvelous and ample Sunday brunches. Earlier this Autumn, we were part of a birthday dinner for twenty people. The Executive Chef (David) and Head Line Cook (Samuel) emerged from the kitchen to assess our happiness--which was at the maximum level. Patrick, the Restaurant Manager, is often patroling his territory to be certain that the highest standards are maintained.

We have met the hotel management, headed by Adam Novotny, and we have found everyone to be professional, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Bravo to the Hilton Columbia (near the BWI - Marshall Airport ) !

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business