“Love this place.”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
connecticut
“Love this place.”
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I stay here one day every month. When I check in they know me by name, They call me later in the evening (after I check in) to make sure alI my needs are met and to check to see if i need a wake up call. They have a friendly bar and restaurant and there is a full breakfast menu to order from. If you are looking for a place to stay that is an extension of home this is the place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Suburban D.C.
Reviewed November 22, 2009

We frequent the Hilton Columbia ( Maryland ) because the people, the rooms, the facilities, and the food are outstanding. Our first visit was in November 1994 when our daughter and son-in-law were honored at a so-called "rehearsal dinner"--though no one needed to rehearse for the superior food, setting, and service.

Over the years, we have stayed in sparkling, spacious, and quiet rooms whenever special occasions have brought us to Columbia, Maryland. We host our grown son and our out-of-town guests at Morgan's Restaurant for marvelous and ample Sunday brunches. Earlier this Autumn, we were part of a birthday dinner for twenty people. The Executive Chef (David) and Head Line Cook (Samuel) emerged from the kitchen to assess our happiness--which was at the maximum level. Patrick, the Restaurant Manager, is often patroling his territory to be certain that the highest standards are maintained.

We have met the hotel management, headed by Adam Novotny, and we have found everyone to be professional, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Bravo to the Hilton Columbia (near the BWI - Marshall Airport ) !

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed November 21, 2009

From the time I called the Hilton in Columbia to look for a place to host our wedding, I knew this was the perfect place!! Everyone I came in contact with during the planning stages were reponsive, attentive and friendly. Nothing was impossible and didn't cost me an arm and a leg! All of the planning was done in 6 months!
When we finally got to the big day, it was incredible. We had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception in one place and had about 20 rooms reserved for out of town guests. As soon as I walked in, everyone knew me by name and anticipated every need. Our wedding planner attended our rehearsal and organized my very large wedding party with ease and professionalism. The rehearsal dinner was delicious. Our servers were attentive. The bartender, Astor, actually poured by drinks even before I asked for them And I wasn't the only one.
After the rehearsal, I went to my room which was wonderful. It was immaculate, spacious, and they made sure to place me in a room where I could look out and see the ceremony preparations without having to go down there. Very Thoughtful!! Room service was always right on time and the order was perfect, not to mention the food was delicious.
On the day of the wedding, I watched as all of their staff prepare for our wedding. Every detail was attended to and perfect. They didn't miss one little detail.
The reception was better than I could have asked. The same attention to detail and anticipated every need we could have had. The food was delicious and not the same old chicken and beef at other wedding receptions.
Their service, creativity, and professionalism made our day one we or any of our friends and family will ever forget.
I credit the Hilton Columbia for making our wedding day unique, fantasic and UNFORGETTABLE. I will recommend this hotel to any person needing a hotel for any reason, but especially a bride looking for the perfect place. You have found it in the Hilton Columbia.

• Stayed October 2009
Rochester, NY
Reviewed November 19, 2009

The service I experienced at the hotel was outstanding. I generally stay at Marriott's, but was booked to stay at this Hilton for this particular business trip. I was pleasantly suprised by the comfortable surroundings, the super nice hotel staff, the large excercise room (which I used) and the really cool pool area.

This hotel may be mature, but certainly an original, which I really loved. As a travelling business person, as are many of the people staying at the hotel, the bar/restaurant area is oustanding. The bar area somewhat reminded me of Cheers, with its ambiance and friendlinesss. Within a half hour of my sitting down at the bar, the bartender had everyone talking to each other. Definitely helped pass the time with pleasure.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Columbia on Business or Leisure. Great pool for the kids!!! I will be staying here when I travel to Columbia.

I will also ask my AA to check Hilton Hotels as an option for my travels because of my experience here with the kind staff.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
atlanta
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The entire staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, especially the bed.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is a decent hotel if you are into Hilton products. I have stayed here a couple of times, but my trips to Columbia are usually centered around the Sheraton. At the Hilton, no one remembers you, and it is like pulling teeth to even get the basic level of service. Sheraton, and most Starwood brands seem to invest more in training their employees to serve the customer. At Hilton(this one especially), it feels like you are just a room number. The rooms are OK, but not great and the restaurant leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The Sheraton is right down the road and much better in service, food and facilities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jhonor99
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I stayed at the Columbia Hilton for a quiet valentine's weekend and it was perfect for the occasion. the hotel is located off the beaten path but very close to a plethora of restaurants and shopping. It's great if you want to get away with your loved loves with no outside distractions. For that reason, I loved it. The checkin was super fast and check out is even faster. You don't have to actually visit the desk. Housekeeping leaves the bill under your door and you just leave your keys in the room. Easy as that. Eat at Morgans... its good food and reasonably priced for a steakhouse. the indoor pool and hot tub are clean and not crowded. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple