“I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Baltimore, MD
“I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

From the time I called the Hilton in Columbia to look for a place to host our wedding, I knew this was the perfect place!! Everyone I came in contact with during the planning stages were reponsive, attentive and friendly. Nothing was impossible and didn't cost me an arm and a leg! All of the planning was done in 6 months!
When we finally got to the big day, it was incredible. We had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception in one place and had about 20 rooms reserved for out of town guests. As soon as I walked in, everyone knew me by name and anticipated every need. Our wedding planner attended our rehearsal and organized my very large wedding party with ease and professionalism. The rehearsal dinner was delicious. Our servers were attentive. The bartender, Astor, actually poured by drinks even before I asked for them And I wasn't the only one.
After the rehearsal, I went to my room which was wonderful. It was immaculate, spacious, and they made sure to place me in a room where I could look out and see the ceremony preparations without having to go down there. Very Thoughtful!! Room service was always right on time and the order was perfect, not to mention the food was delicious.
On the day of the wedding, I watched as all of their staff prepare for our wedding. Every detail was attended to and perfect. They didn't miss one little detail.
The reception was better than I could have asked. The same attention to detail and anticipated every need we could have had. The food was delicious and not the same old chicken and beef at other wedding receptions.
Their service, creativity, and professionalism made our day one we or any of our friends and family will ever forget.
I credit the Hilton Columbia for making our wedding day unique, fantasic and UNFORGETTABLE. I will recommend this hotel to any person needing a hotel for any reason, but especially a bride looking for the perfect place. You have found it in the Hilton Columbia.

• Stayed October 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

The service I experienced at the hotel was outstanding. I generally stay at Marriott's, but was booked to stay at this Hilton for this particular business trip. I was pleasantly suprised by the comfortable surroundings, the super nice hotel staff, the large excercise room (which I used) and the really cool pool area.

This hotel may be mature, but certainly an original, which I really loved. As a travelling business person, as are many of the people staying at the hotel, the bar/restaurant area is oustanding. The bar area somewhat reminded me of Cheers, with its ambiance and friendlinesss. Within a half hour of my sitting down at the bar, the bartender had everyone talking to each other. Definitely helped pass the time with pleasure.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Columbia on Business or Leisure. Great pool for the kids!!! I will be staying here when I travel to Columbia.

I will also ask my AA to check Hilton Hotels as an option for my travels because of my experience here with the kind staff.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

The entire staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, especially the bed.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

This is a decent hotel if you are into Hilton products. I have stayed here a couple of times, but my trips to Columbia are usually centered around the Sheraton. At the Hilton, no one remembers you, and it is like pulling teeth to even get the basic level of service. Sheraton, and most Starwood brands seem to invest more in training their employees to serve the customer. At Hilton(this one especially), it feels like you are just a room number. The rooms are OK, but not great and the restaurant leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The Sheraton is right down the road and much better in service, food and facilities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jhonor99
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

I stayed at the Columbia Hilton for a quiet valentine's weekend and it was perfect for the occasion. the hotel is located off the beaten path but very close to a plethora of restaurants and shopping. It's great if you want to get away with your loved loves with no outside distractions. For that reason, I loved it. The checkin was super fast and check out is even faster. You don't have to actually visit the desk. Housekeeping leaves the bill under your door and you just leave your keys in the room. Easy as that. Eat at Morgans... its good food and reasonably priced for a steakhouse. the indoor pool and hot tub are clean and not crowded. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Briana81
Lexington KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

We stayed at the Hilton Columbia 4 nights in September for our daughter's wedding. Her reception & accomodations were at this hotel.

Room was clean. The wastebaskets weren't emptied on our first day but were emptied the next. I'm not sure the room thermostat worked but we were comfortable enough. We called for extra towels & they came promptly.

Room service food was tasty & promptly delivered.

Very clean & well appointed fitness center with up-to-date treadmills & free water & granola bars.

Breakfast buffet had variety of food & attentive staff. $14 seems a little pricey but costs less than the breakfast buffets in the hotels in my hometown.

Front desk could have used another staff person during the Friday and Saturday daytime shifts as there always seemed to be a waiting line of 1 or 2 guests when I was there. (I think there were 3 wedding parties staying at the hotel that weekend.) The front desk lady was very courteous to each guest & gave each one her fullest attention.

My only responsibility with Catering was to organize a Meet & Greet. The hotel had a change in Event Sales Staff between the time I reserved & the date of the event. Each sales staff person was easy to work with. The Meet & Greet went smoothly. Catering staff was attentive.

From a guest's point of view, the wedding reception went very well from the butlered hor d'oerves in the atrium, to the open bar, to the dinner, to the cake cutting.

I had a glimpse of the bridal suite. Very roomy.

The location of the hotel is great if you have a car. It is located in a woodsy suburban cul de sac which gives you a feeling of entering a peaceful refuge when you arrive.

After reading the complaints posted earlier, I was on the lookout for poor housekeeping, smelly room, slow elevator, tired decor, thin walls. None of that materialized & I had a very good stay.

• Liked — Peaceful, refuge-like location, yet close to shopping mall
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank casual-traveler-lex
Lexington KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Bed was comfy, room was a bit small for the price.
Skip the restaurant buffet, it's not worth it.
Bottom line, I would not stay here again unless, like this time, I were attending a function at the hotel. It is out of the way and not well connected, the only way to get into the city was to take a $60 cab ride to a metro station on the north side of DC

A friend had her wedding in the area and the reception and accommodations were at the Hilton Columbia. The place is nice, set back in a little business park. We stayed on a room on the outside of the hotel (as opposed to one on the inside where the windows face the atrium of the hotel where there are functions often). The bed was great and the room was small but comfortable.
The brunch buffet at the restaurant was certainly NOT worth $25. They had oysters on the half-shell and cocktail shrimp, both of which were not fresh and tasted terrible, I mean, seriously the absolute worst shrimp or oysters I have every had. So if you're thinking of doing the buffet for that, which I was, skip it! The rest of the food was definitely decent but unless you can eat a pound of smoked salmon and cream cheese, it is not worth 25 bucks.

• Liked — Group rate was good
  • Disliked — Location & price/quality of food in the restaurant
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank herrVebah