“5 star until breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“5 star until breakfast”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Doubletrees can be hit or miss. This stay was definitely a hit until breakfast.

I was greeted by two very friendly front desk clerks late at night on 25 Nov 2013. These two gentleman were very courteous and professional. I got my delicious warm doubletree cookie and was informed I was upgraded to a junior suite because of my HHonors membership.

My room was spacious, clean and modern. I slept comfortably all night long and had a nice bed and linens.

In the morning, I was thinking how much I enjoyed my stay and then I got breakfast. Pasteurized egg product from a carton? Some unidentifiable square meat like products? Let's just say I stuck with the fruit and yogurt from the buffet. I eat at a hotel breakfast buffet a few times a week and this buffet just wasn't up to par. After being so thrilled with the service and room, I was really looking forward to a nice cup of coffee and an omelet.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
King George, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked at this hotel due to the location to my son's soccer tournement fields. It was very comfortable, gave us all the amenities, and the staff was very helpful. The bar provided the parents a good meeting location while waiting for the kids to get ready for dinner; and the lobby area provided adequate waiting areas for the rest of our group.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Great staff, clean rooms, However....... families beware, especially those with girls: the indoor pool is flanked with rooms --My daughter and her friend found themselves being ogled as they took a swim...eeewwww!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Scotch Plains, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was clean hotel though seemed a bit dated. The rooms we clean and the bedding was very comfortable. Room service was very good. Breakfast service was ok. It was easy to get to from the highway and a few miles from a large mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Garrettsville, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels and this one was a pleasure! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pillows were excellent. The spotless bathroom had unusually high quality toiletries and plenty of towels. All the light bulbs worked. There were plenty of easily accessible electrical outlets. The heat and ac both worked and were actually QUIET! The staff was courteous and helpful and handed me a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in. I would DEFINITELY choose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great service, sexy rooms with comfy beds AND a cookie?? I'm a fan of this DoubleTree. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the breakfast served at Morgan's. The service was excellent, and although I appreciated the turkey option for the sausage, the food was not good. Even the bagels. Opt for the omelet made to order, the oatmeal and fruit and you'll be fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2013

First time at one of these hotels, the experience was magnificent. At the front desk we were greeted very nicely and even gave us cookies, super friendly and attentive.The rooms were beautiful, super large well decorated and complete Wonderful hotel, we love it! we'll return to this hotel on a next holiday. Totally recommended!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple