New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
York, Pennsylvania
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Staying at this hotel in Columbia,Md will give you the best experience ever. It has everything you would want on your stay. The rooms have plenty of room, they are clean, smell good and the beds are terrific. The fitness room has dumbbells that allow for a great workout. The pool and hottub area is clean and relaxing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear parrish775,
Thank you so much for your second review of the hotel. Everyone at the hotel appreciates your kind words and will work hard everyday to continue to try and be the best hotel in the area. Again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Russellville, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel was very clean... quiet. My room was a nice large room with a king size bed. Nice big bathroom and clean!
If you have a car to get around - it is 5 minutes from a nice mall with a good selection of places to eat. If you don't have transportation the hotel does have a shuttle that will take you to that mall anytime up until 9PM.
Other wise you're out of luck there is nothing close it sets back off the road in an odd location.

The hotel counter employees were super nice and super efficient with the check in and any questions that were needed. I was handed a nice warm cookie as I got checked in.

I arrived Thursday night October 3rd 2013 it was deserted. I went to dinner in the hotel restaurant since I did not have a car and my fellow business partners were not here yet. I and 4 other people were the only ones in the place. I ordered the grilled salmon and rice with vegetables. I took two bites of the fish and one of the rice and could not put any more in my mouth. It had to have been the nastiest food I have ever had in front of me. The rice was clumped together like it was fried or been sitting for a while and had a terrible smell.
The fish... don't know can't describe it - and how do you mess up squash? The tea tasted old. $41 meal - and she came to take my plate she said are you done... she did not ask ONE question why I did not eat and I was to tired and to pissed to say anything.

October 4th I went down to eat my breakfast since it looked like a nice buffet. I got a small serving of watermelon, cantaloupe and a muffin that looks like it came straight out of a wal mart deli box - $14

The hotel is up on a hill and not located close to any where that can be walked too for lunch and once our business conference let out for an hour and a half lunch. We decided to get a salad there at the hotel. After sitting and waiting for 15 mins to get a drink and 30 minutes for a salad with a total of 20 people in the place to eat. She brought the wrong salad. She took the plates and came back 10 mins later with the correct food and a squishy salad with the wrong salad dressing. We were late returning to our meeting that was IN the hotel.

Our speaker came to the restaurant to get a small sandwich and water and she was told (standing at the registered and could see in) - they were really busy right now it would be a little while before they could fit it.

That was the last meal we tried to eat in the hotel. The women should be fired or seriously looked at how she is running the only food supply in the building. #disgusting food #terrible service. The food looks like it came straight out of box and warmed it is not cooked under that roof.

The bar is friendly - clean and good service. They get the food from the same supply so don't eat the food drink the beer and chat with the bartender.

Other than the terrible food service - the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. It is not a place I wish to ever return too. We all shared that with our business manager.

This trip should refund the food cost or give me my Hilton points for the stay plus a free day to make up for the food.

Room Tip: As long as you need a room I think they are all a good size - go out to eat
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear AngelaMBrooks,
Thank you for the kind words about the sleeping rooms. I appreciate that you took the time to write a detailed review of your entire stay. I have already had long conversations with my Director of Food and Beverage and we have made major changes in our culinary staff based on your experience. Please accept my apologies for your time spent at my hotel. My F&B program will be better going forward, because you took the time to give me your honest feedback. Thank you and please give us another try the next time you are in the area.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel is close to BWI, Columbia Mall and still has a country feel about it. The service was great and the facilities were fine. It is also only a short drive to DC, but located in safe area. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Greg Y,
Thank you for writing such a nice review. Please come back soon. Take care
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding group. While there we enjoyed the pool, as well as the bar & restaurant area. It was a very relaxing experience since the hotel was immaculate with a very friendly & efficient staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I appreciate the time you spent in writing a review of my hotel. Thank you for saying such nice things about us. We take great pride in providing a great stay for all our guests. Thank you again.
NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The room was immaculate and quite. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, even as we were leaving the hotel. I will highly recommend the Columbia, Maryland Doubletree specifically, and Doubletree overall to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Thank Joseph M. M
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Joseph M. M,
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Everyone here at the hotel appreciate your kind words. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Tampa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My stay here was based on ratings online - which are inflated. The hotel is dated and my room smelled musty - I was sneezing all night. The breakfast the next morning was ok but the staff did not come to my table once to see how I was doing or to see if I needed anything. Front desk help was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your honest feedback about your recent stay with us. We see that the freshness of the room at our hotel was a problem during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority, and we’ve shared your comments with our team to resolve this situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and we hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area.
Erie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, clean hotel with an outstanding staff, consider staying at the DoubleTree Columbia if you are visiting the greater Baltimore area. This selection was made for us and when reserving over the internet your not sure of a "hit" or "miss". This was by far a HIT and maybe the best *** 1/2 Hotel We've visited!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear William S,
I am so happy that we are a HIT. It is a lot more fun to write back to you when we are a HIT. We all appreciate the kind words and compliments. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we will see you again soon.