“Satified HHonors Stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Waukee, United States
“Satified HHonors Stay”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel greeted me and made me feel welcome immediately. My room was nice and I think the location was very convenient. The breakfast really got my day started right. I had a couple requests for the front desk and they did any excellent job of helping me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Agusta G,
Feeling welcome in my hotel is the nicest thing you can say... Thank you for your review and we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel. Despite the fact that there were two wedding parties staying at the hotel, Mali at the front desk was wonderful. She greeted us with a smile, warm cookies, and due to our Honors status, an upgrade to a junior suite. The entire hotel looks like it was recently remodeled. The rooms were very clean and comfy. Even the carpeting in the walkways were spotless. The breakfast buffet was great, with many hot and cold items to choose from. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mrspetch,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. My entire staff appreciates the kind words and compliments. I hope you come back and see us again. Thanks again.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel. Lovely area and easy to find!

However the staff on reception really made this hotel stand out! They were wonderful. Chatty, attentive and very welcoming! I was incredibly impressed by the hotel and the staff made it. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Leona M,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I have made sure that my entire staff, especially the Front Desk staff, has a copy of your review. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Thanks again.
Columbia, MD, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Bottom line, It was a great, relaxing stay. My first take of the hotel, I thought the building was of an older construction period, but the décor was very modern. Our room was pristine, bright and quiet. The beds were VERY comfortable. The Hot Tub and Pool were clean and refreshing. The STAFF – TOP NOTCH!! From the time we arrived, to when we departed, everyone was very upbeat, accommodating and courteous. We were grateful for the shuttle service; to and from the concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. The drivers were alert, entertaining and informative. For my future trips to Columbia, Maryland, The Double Tree is my preferred choice!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear John P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a awesome review. My entire staff appreciates your kind words and look forward to your next visit with us.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here at the last minute. Made my reservation with my cell phone, they had my Hilton Honors number when I checked in and were very friendly. It was easy to find and there was plenty of parking. In general, it is a great location, very clean - overall good place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Wendy K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel. I am happy that we had a room available for you and that you had a good stay. Next time you are in the area, please stay with us again. Take care
Destin, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is clean and beautiful. We stayed in a king suite. It was well-decorated and had a little kitchenette with a small refrigerator/freezer, wet bar, microwave and lots of counterspace. The living room had a "window" overlooking the center atrium from the fourth floor. The only natural light is way on the other side of the atrium from windows high up. The entire room was very dark, even with all the lights on. The bedroom is separated from two double doors. It was large and sleekly decorated. The bathroom has plenty of counter space and there is an extra counter and sink outside of it. Morgan's restaurant has good wings, the artichoke dip was very good, the crab dinner was just "ok", as was the vegetable panini. The gym is very clean with newer equipment - one bike, two ellipticals, two treadmills, weights and exercise balls. We did not use the pool. The staff was very kind, sweet and friendly! The hotel does not show up right on GPS, so beware. It will take you to an office complex on the same street.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with just an atrium "window" if a very dark room bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear CaraAmica,
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review of my hotel. My entire staff appreciates the generous words about their customer service. I am working on trying to get more lighting into the Atrium rooms. Thanks again and come back and see us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here several times a week for most of a year. The hotel is great, and the front desk staff really make the difference here. They went out of their way to make my time there great. Shawn, Barry, Fabiola,and (my favorite), Norma really made it like home while I stayed there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew C
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Matthew C,
Thank you for the great review. I am very happy that we have given you the kind of experience you expect over the long run. We aim for consistently great service for all guests. Thanks again for the great review and we will see you again soon.