“Great stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel was very clean, bed comfortable the staff very nice and helpful. I will defintiely stay at the Double Tree again. Actually,I stay at the Double Tree in Nyack NY last Thanksgiving and was truly impress that time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Sharon C,
Thank you for your kind review. I am always very happy when someone says my hotel was "very clean". It is important to me that the hotel is spotless. Keep trying other DoubleTree by Hilton hotels around the country, each one has it's own character and personality. Come see us again as soon as possible.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia

Reviewed June 19, 2013

There was a hole in the ceiling where the lobby meets the restaurant. There were several buckets and a small flow of water pouring from the hole. Disgusting. The ac in the hallway near my suite was very cold and uncomfortable when leaving and entereing the room. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valerie H,
I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. Unfortunately, we got a pinhole leak in a cooper pipe and we're in the midst of repairing it. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you give us another try. I know you will have a much better stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Double Tree is a high class excellant place to stay! The hotel was next door to the place of our educational conference, very convenient, extremely clean, and quiet. I enjoyed the cookies and fruit as well!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Timothy H,
Thank you for your very nice review. Please come see us again the next time you are attending a conference.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Was in the area attending The Capital Jazz Festival...Our accommodations were great and offering shuttle service to and from the festival was a major plus...The only sugesstion I have is to spell out what entails with the breakfast deal (if that included in one's accommodations) to spell out what is or isn't included and the time breakfast is served...Kudos to Barry and rest of staff.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear NorShari,
Thank you for your very nice review. I always have wondered why more people don't take advantage of our shuttle service to shows. I will make sure that we are clearer on what is included in our breakfast packages. Thank you for recognizing my staff. Take care and we will see you again next June.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I loved it here. The rooms are clean, and the front office staff is incredibly nice and helpful. The buffet breakfast is pretty good and the bar is nice. Overall I had a great stay in the plush comfortable beds but what drove me to write this review is the exceptional above and beyond effort by the front office; particularly Barry.

I had decided last minute to propose to my girlfriend and called down from the room asking for help. Barry immediately took it upon himself to help me as much as he possibly could. He proceeded to get my cell phone number as we were heading out for the evening. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to decorate the room with rose petals, keeping updated the whole time via text and even sending me pictures. He got house keeping to clean up and even had the bar bring up a fin bottle of champagne that was waiting when we got back.

My girlfriend was pleasantly surprised and said yes. The staff here definitely left their mark on that special day and I highly recommend this hotel not just for the facilities, but also for the amazing staff that works there.

Thanks for reading

Eze O

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your engagement! I am thrilled that Barry could help you make it such a special day. Make sure you come talk to us about hosting your wedding. Again, congratulations!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The double tree is very clean, warm, and welcoming. Love the comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and indoor pool and hot tub. The warm cookies are great! Missed the fresh fruit sitting out this time. Great shopping just a mile up the road and excellent restaurants there! 15 min. from Fort Meade.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gary_Gustafson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Theresa F,
Thank you for the very nice review of my hotel. I hope you come back soon to see us.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This DoubleTree is certainly visually appealing, and the bar and restaurant are good, but the management needs to be a bit more detail-oriented, because it's the little things that combine to disappoint the customers. It shouldn't take four calls and a visit to the front desk to get an ironing board (but thank you for the subsequent gestures). If the law in the location of the hotel says no smoking within 15 feet of an entrance, there shouldn't be an ashtray right outside the entrance. No one should have to pass a gauntlet of disgusting cigarette smoke to get into our out of the hotel. Training of new employees should not get in the way of a customer who needs to go get some breakfast so he can catch the shuttle (which I missed, and it was late for work, took 30 minutes to call a cab which didn't come and then had to take the shuttle). Young afternoon shuttle drivers should not SPEED, or ride up onto curbs when making turns just because they are in a hurry, and should not spend their time either on the phone while driving or running at the mouth badmouthing the management of the hotel because they don't particularly like what they are doing -- twice! That is extremely unprofessional. I'm not sure I would come back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Juan J,
You are correct. My staff and I should be more detail oriented. We can not get better if guests don't tell me all the things I need to improve on. I have taken your comments very seriously and have made some significant to help improve the guest experience. I hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the area.