“Fresh salad, friendly service and good with good allergies”

Hickory Ridge Grill
Ranked #26 of 263 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stopped for lunch. They were busy. Versatile menu. I had salmon with salad and steamed vegs. They are good with food allergies. Told me the rice has butter and offered salad instead. Very fresh, had pecans, a good greek vinaigrette dressing, variety of greens. Steamed carrots & broccoli were very tasty and done well. Salmon had a bit of an "off" taste. I might try them again and order something different. People there are very nice.

There are newer reviews for Hickory Ridge Grill

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Thought we were going into a barbecue spot, turns out they have a wonderful chef who has a flair for Mediterranean food. Been there 3 times and can't get past ordering the gyro - platter or sandwich - it is all good! Recommended it to everyone I know since it is family owned and operated.
This casual spot is friendly, functional and frequently busy. No table cloths here, but I prefer casual.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

HIckory Ridge Grill in Columbia Maryland used to be one of my most favorite restaurants, if not "The Most" favorite restaurant. This place used to have great food,
reasonable prices and good service. Not any more. I was really surprised how far their standards have fallen. Yesterday, we went there for dinner and was very unpleasantly surprised. Somehow owner management lost the grip on the business and things really went down hill fast.

First the seating order was not based on how long you waited. The manager's friends got seated first even though they arrived much later than those already waiting. So if you are not a friend of the manager, go at your own risk.

Then we were greeted by probably the most unfriendly wait staff who was in a rush and seemed to be really bothered by having to take orders from us After a really long wait (kind of made me wonder whether the kitchen staff had to go to the nearby grocery store to buy stuff before they could cook them), the food arrived. The food was not hot nor of good quality. No bread was served prior to serving of the entree. The meat was dry, tough and stringy. Prices for entree also were increased greatly, much more so than other equivalent local restaurant. So this whole thing begs the obvious question: "Why would one go there to dine and suffer through the experience (except for the uninitiated, like me)?"

With two persons in our party still working on their plates of food, the wait staff wanted to know about desert and then thrust the bill on our table. Excuse me? The customers were still eating their dinner?

Now please note the above was written by some one who dine out a lot, in many many different restaurants. Just a couple of days ago, we went to Cheesecake Factory and we enjoyed reasonably priced food of good quality and professional wait staff. So the above review is factual, objective and written to inform so folks would not make the same mistake that I did.

2  Thank RioJoe
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Large menu with lots of choices. Salads looked good with fresh lettuce and lots of chicken on top. I got a steak and cheese and it was really good. Fries were good too. Shoestring fries crunchy on the outside and warm inside. Atmosphere not great...we went on a cold day and sat by a window and it was not very warm and cozy. Waiter was friendly and refilled our drinks timely. Overall a good choice for a fun lunch with friends.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Always have good service. The Kabobs & Johnny Dees steak rock- as does the tzatziki (probably spelled wrong). Simple small neighborhood restaurant. The teens in the family really like it.