“Excellent kabob rolls” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Danbury, Connecticut, USA
“Excellent kabob rolls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

One of the best kabob rolls I have ever had. I had chicken tikka and beef rolls, they were not too spicy.the price was also reasonable.

1 Thank snowymtn

Columbia, Maryland
“Good take out food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I discovered this place last year, and have enjoyed it for take out food. I like the veggie platter, but the lamb and chicken are also good. The past few times I've eaten the food it has been too spicy for me. I don't know if they have made it spicier or what. If they could tone down on the hot spices, I would enjoy it more.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kaysandler
MD
“Little Gem: Don't judge by the cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place looks like a little corner eatery until when you step in and you realize that they make some of the best ethnic foods. we got there at 622pm ordered our food and we were called to get it withing 20mins.

The Good:
Ample Parking
-Fresh Food
-Generous Portions
-The price is right
-Very Delicious Food

The Not so Good:
-Small dining area
-Awkwardly placed TV
-Can get Crowded with people lining up between the tables to pick their orders
-No servers to bring your food so you will have to be attentive to hear your number when its called.

Final Verdict:
-Order your food and take it with you, especially during the busy time (evening, midday)
-Great food and great value

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sulphide
“Great place, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wow, I saw this restaurant a few times and wandered in for lunch one day out of curiosity. I was surprised and satisfied.

I ordered the chicken tikka. The portion was very large. The chicken was very tender and tasty, the salad fair, the rice had raisins in it (a pleasant discovery), and the naan bread was soft and fresh. The meal cost about $10.00.

o The website is at http://maiwandkabob.com. It lists the menu, prices, and location.
o The restaurant decor is very trendy. There are tables and a few booths in semi-private 'room's.
o I believe the sign said "counter service 11am-4pm". I assume that there is waitstaff in the evenings.
o Plenty of parking.
o Looking at the prices I feel they are very reasonable compared to the size of the portions. If you don't eat very much and don't take your leftovers home you may be disappointed.
o Don't be fooled because it's in the Columbia version of a strip mall.

I really look forward to coming back and trying this place again.

(I don't understand why tripadvisor has to put 'bar scene' on the ratings. There is no bar.)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RimantasG
Columbia, Maryland
“New location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Maiwand Kabob recently opened a new location at 6131 Columbia Crossing Circle. We visited it there tonight. This is in the shopping center with a Target and a Big Lots. It is a little bit hidden, down towards where Sleepys is located.

The food was the same high quality as at the other location we have visited in the Harpers Choice village center. The decor and service was upscale -- real plates instead of plastic and the food was brought to your table. Very clean and pleasant.

One dish this time were a chicken Malai -- just as good as the last time at the other place. Very tender and flavorful. The other dish was the special of the day --a lamb do piaza which is lamb meat with onions, tomatoe, vinegar and spices.

We had a pleasant conversation with the manager and learned that they have a total of four locations now -- all run by the same family. The other two are in Linthicum and at Arundel Mills.

• Visited July 2012