WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Luna Bella Ristorante

Luna Bella Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 254 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Don't You Love Surprises”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The plan was to grab a quick bite and then get custard, best laid plans and all that.

The main thing that caught my eye was "Brick Oven Pizza", so figured it was just a pizza joint. That idea was wonderfully set aside once we went in. The space is small and a bit tight but, doesn't feel cramped. The "Luna" themed decor is very nice, giving the place a homey feel. The staff is attentive and flows very well. Drinks appeared when needed, plates were bussed with little delay.

*** Beginning ***
Wonderful bread with a thin and crisp crust and a light and soft interior. The olive oil had a very pleasant taste and suited the bread well.

*** Anti Pasto ***
Shrimp Bruschetta - Shrimp, sauce of heavy cream and garlic over a toasted garlic bread. The first bruschetta that required a fork to eat. The sauce has a wonderful body and the shrimp were perfectly done. A little less salt (from the garlic salt) on the bread would be nice but, I am a very low tolerance for salt. Simply wonderful.

*** Dinner ***
Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp - As before the shrimp was very well done as was the pasta. The Alfredo was light and airy. Whoever is in the kitchen knows their stuff. This just may have been the best Alfredo I have ever had.

The Marsalas - the veal was deliciously tender and so lightly breaded it takes nothing away from the veal. The sauce was again light on par with the Alfredo with a wonderful flavor from an in-house broth reduction.

*** Dessert ***
Lemon Bundt w/ Blueberries - full lemon flavor without being tart, I wasn't allowed to have a piece with blueberry in it. The glaze continued the light and airy theme of the meal and was slightly sweet. Never had bundt that didn't hold a license to be called a pound cake, this was a definite exception.

Cheesecake w/ Coconut. The filling had a wonderful taste with a feel that reminded me a bit of ice cream. The chocolate cookie crust was a pleasant contrast to the filling.

*** In Closing ***
Luna was far from what I expected and fantastically so. They are a culinary delight. We most certainly be returning only with reservations.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Michael H

“Worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Great little place to go to if you want something special. I give it a two thumbs up! The brick oven pizza's are the bomb!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Danomd
“Great food and service! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Can't believe I just found out about this place. Already been there twice and so far everything we have ordered was delicious. The pizzas, pasta, sandwhiches and apps are amazing. The service is also great! Couldn't ask for better!

1 Thank III_owl
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great food at great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Based on other reviews my husband and I decided to try Luna Bella for a birthday dinner celebration for my daughter. We were greeted by two very friendly hostesses and led to our table by the window (don't expect a view because the restaurant is in a shopping center). Our server was Seamus and he was training another lady, though in all honesty she either has never had service experience or was just awful but that did not hamper the evening at all. They have a price fixed menu but none of us chose that option and they also have select bottles of wine at 1/2 price. My husband and I enjoyed the orecchiette soup which though a little salty was very very good. My step daughter loves gnocchi so she opted for the gnocchi with tomato sauce and it was served with a mozzarella topping and she said it was very good. Her boyfriend had the chicken Parmesan and that was a lovely presentation of pasta on one side of the plate and the breaded chicken breast topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella and judging by the empty plate at the end would say he enjoyed it. My husband had the chicken cacciatore and it was a huge portion and thought it was great and enjoyed the price which was about $17. I loved the salmon piccata which was priced at $18 and came served with penne pasta and broccoli and carrots. Desserts of banana creme brûlée, Jewish apple cake ala mode and lemon bar were enjoyed at the table. After it all we decided we would visit again because it was such a great evening.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Letsgo410
Radnor, Pennsylvania
“Great food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

In town for hockey with my wife and two sons, we were looking for a nice place for casual dinner. Found Luna Bella ranked 3rd on Tripadvisor. Reviews showed all 4 and 5 stars except one 3 star review. So off we went for the 15 minute drive to Luna Bella.

Real good bread but not "great". Olive oil and garlic were good.

For an app, we had the Fried Mozzarella, fantastic. Real cheese slices, not little sticks, better than expected.

For dinner the boys had cheese pizza and raviolis from the kids menu which were very good, especially the raviolis.

I had the Chicken Luna Bella, chicken breast with blackening spice tossed with tri-colored
cheese filled tortellini in a creamy pesto, tomato sauce. It was awesome, chicken was perfect. Little spicy kick. Went great with my BASS beer.

My wife had the Veggie Portabella sandwich, it was delicious.

Dessert was also perfect, Key Lime pie, Creme Brulee and Mango sorbet. All were excellent.

Service was the best I've had in some time, perfect timing, no delays but not too fast either.

Don't hesitate to head over if you are undecided, its worth the trip. We might go back in 2 days when we return to the area.

• Visited July 2014