“Best signature hamburger at reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
new york
“Best signature hamburger at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We've been here before and always looked forward to the short rib sandwich on ciabatta bread. It was no longer on the menu but the signature burger was delicious. My only complaint was the waiter mixed up the order but it all turned out well. The manager was most accommodating esp when we realized we were also over charged.

Visited October 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Don't bother :<”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I wanted a romantic evening with a quiet, excellent dinner. We got neither. The teenager who set us down put us along side of the wine vault, a locked cabinet where previleged characters can store their private stock. Three times during our stay we were interuppted to allow waiters access to these cabinets positioned directly behind our seats.
I noticed that the sound decibels were high with our consersations being difficult where we had to compete with surrounding tables.
Our food was overpriced and marginal. We both ordered off the fixed price menu thinking we'd get a break on the check. At $35 a piece it sounded like a good deal. My wife ordered the tilipa fish stuffed with crabmeat. I ordered surf and turf. We both had the smashed potatoes as a side with gravy. Our meals arrived. We were informed that they were out of gravy. My 12oz New York strip steak was very tough and stringy with a cardboard-like texture. The stuff rockfish was ok but the crab meat was mushy and mostly filler. My wife's tilipa fish was stuffed with the same crabmeat which was no better.
These transgression are unexceptable especially with the premium prices Greystone charges.

1 Thank Mike_ophone
Baltimore, Maryland
“Poor cooking ruined my meal!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I honestly don't know how this place got the reputation of being "like Ruth Chris". I disagree and consider it an insult to Ruth Chris. Four of us went there for dinner Friday and I ordered the filet mignon medium well. It came to our table very rare and I knew at that point that when I sent it back it would not be good when it came back to me. So I sat and ate a baked potato while the rest of our group ate their meal, and sure enough, a very nasty steak came back to me. I don't know if they have some way to flash cook meals sent back, but the steak I had been craving all day was overcooked and almost white and leather like on the outside. It was medium well inside I'll give them that. Maybe I shouldn't grade this place so low for 1 bad meal since everyone else was happy, but a grill should be able to cook a steak to order. The group patiently waited while I finished my meal. I was never offered any type of compensation for this and that was wrong. Could I have made an issue of that? Yes, and would have if it was just my husband and myself, but with a crowd I wasn't going to start a dialog that could have turned into an argument. If you want a good steak in Columbia, go to Outback!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
florida
“Service and food pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

located in a office building complex, easy to find.Ashley was our server and was delightful.Had a intresting scallop and bacon appetizer,and salmon served on a wood plank. Fish soup and Ceasar salad two glasses of wine at a great price.

1 Thank redmanfloridapvb
Columbia, Maryland
“Great... Occasionally”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

A local favorite with great dishes! For an appetizer, you can't go wrong with the bacon wrapped scallops. They're served on a bed of spinach with some chopped tomatos and a delicious citrus beurré blanc. There are only three of them however, which is disappointing, because they are so good! The Greystone salad is delicious, with cashews and raspberry vinaigrette, and if you like wedge salads, the one I had here most recently was the size of my head! I've had steaks here before and they have been terrific, but most recently, I had the Filet Mignon Napoleon, which is a dish with steak medallions, roasted potatos, onions, muchrooms, spinach, and a demi-glace sauce over it all. It was very good, but after splitting the appetizer, and having a salad, I couldn't finish it. My fiancé had the mahi mahi and really enjoyed it with the beurré blanc topping sauce.

Service was good, despite our server continually (and unnecessarily) apologizing. "Sorry I wasn't here when your meals came out" type of stuff.

Prices are a bit high (hence the occasionally in the review title), but I feel they offer Living Social type deals a couple times a year, which definitely makes it worthwhile.

The restaurant interior looks eerily similar to the Wild Orchid Café in Annapolis. They HAD to have the same designer, builder, owner, or something! Come to think of it, both restaurants are in the bottom floor of office buildings as well.

• Visited August 2012