“Tasty food & drink” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria Gastro Pub

Victoria Gastro Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Gastro Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 260 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 108
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Tasty food & drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I chose Victoria Gastro Pub because I read about the restaurant in BMore Media online magazine. The article mentioned that this place uses local seafood, and the oysters I ordered were Choptank sweets and they were delicious. I also enjoyed the duck confit poutine. The speciality drink that evening was an "Angry Austrian" featuring a vodka I first enjoyed with friends in Munich and it was very enjoyable. While making the reservations, I have to say Cynthia accommodated our party of 10 (with 3 children) very nicely. But when we arrived, the table had only adult water glasses one of which my 3 yr old promptly spilled. We asked our server for kid's water cups (with lids) and he said, "Oh they only told us there would be 1 kid." So why wasn't there at least 1 kid's cup? And my uncle said "when we arrived, they mentioned 3 kids to me." Also, our poor server didn't seem to know a lot about the menu or drink list. He didn't smile much and seemed totally overwhelmed. I know serving large parties and children is a hassle, but he seemed pretty put out! We didn't stay for dessert but I would definitely go back and try the food again...with a different server. ;)

Visited February 2013

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Duck Fat Frites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lobster Grilled Cheese to start! Great Food. Great Service! Not a place to go if you are restricted on fat or a diet! Great cocktails and gathering bar.
Has a great beer selection. Love going and taking Peeps there!

Visited February 2013
Maryland
“Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lobster grilled cheese sandwich, do I need to say more. Delicious! Service was great. Decor warm and inviting. Bathroom was clean. My daughter, mother-in-law and I were very pleased with our lunch at the Victoria Gastro Pub.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MoKayD
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Love this place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have had lunch, and happy hour's, here several times and I have never been disappointed! They have a great atmosphere, and the food and service has always been impeccable. It is one of my favorites in Columbia.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dover, Delaware
“Victoria's is Where I Want to Be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

You MUST MUST MUST try the duck fries! I've never craved anything like I do these delicious delicacies fried in duck fat and served with a delicious french dipping sauce. All I need do is say "duck fries" to my coworkers and we HAVE A PLAN! The drinks are excellent, the selection is unbelievable and Victoria herself will come out and feed you from her sample kitchen! A really great place to spend the evening - EVERY evening!

Visited March 2012